US$52000 - US$95000 per year
over 1 year ago
Lighthouse Professional Services has worked to provide full-service consulting and staffing partnerships to clients in Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, and the Carolinas. Our innovative solutions can reach all areas within your firm including: Administrative, Information Technology, Engineering, Accounting & Finance and Clerical.
Lighthouse Professional Services is committed to the success of the companies, candidates and employees we serve. We invest in excellent working partnerships, powered by people.
We are currently seeking a Manufacturing Engineer in Stafford, TX
Position Summary and Special Duties: Provide engineering and technical services to the Value Stream to achieve the overall manufacturing goal of consistently producing quality, low cost products which meet or exceed customer expectations by addressing major production problems, ensuring optimum manufacturing methods and techniques and implementing cost improvement programs. It is important that the Manufacturing Engineer maintain a proper balance between operations support and project management.
- Partners with the Value Stream Team to ensure that performance meets or exceeds budgeted performance (i.e. customer service level, scrap/material variances, expenses, labor productivity performance, build plan attainment, and capacity analysis.
- Ensures that manufacturing processes and procedures comply with FDA, OSHA, ISO, corporate and divisional regulations, policies, and procedures (i.e. process qualification/validation, operation procedures, accurate standards, documentation, etc.).
- Identifies and resolves repetitive and major production issues that are affecting department performance especially when resolutions of such issues require technical solutions.
- Supports new product programs by partnering with Product Development and Value Stream Team, acting as liaison and transfer engineer, for new product introduction into manufacturing in the most cost effective, timely and efficient manner.
- Identifies and manages cost improvement programs by developing more costeffective methods for producing products. Programs will typically improve manufacturing costs by reducing material costs, improving labor performance, reducing labor requirements, reducing scrap and improving machine utilization.
- Provides technical support to supply chain to ensure continuous and costeffective supply of quality product components.
- Develops and manages part and product redesign programs that will reduce manufacturing costs, improve manufacturability, process capabilities and process yields.
- Develops annual goals/objectives and communicate to Value Stream Team to achieve consensus, support and buy-in for technical programs.
- Meets measures of performance:
- Accomplishments against specific goals (on time, on budget, as specified)
- Overall department performance vs. budget (i.e. scrap, labor performance, utilization)
- Cost improvement and profitability contribution
- Ability to manage multiple commitments and competing priorities
- Ability to identify and resolve production problems
- Ability to achieve consensus and support for technical programs
- Perform other duties as directed by management.
- Engineering degree with a minimum of 2 years experience in manufacturing environment that is both labor and machine intensive.
- Experience in engineering project management.
- A proven track record of cost reduction and work simplification
- Creative individual who is able to communicate and coordinate good ideas through to implementation. Ability to communicate well, both orally and written
- Six Sigma Green Belt desired & Solid understanding of Lean Principles.
- Familiarity with programs such as Excel, AutoCad, MiniTab, Microsoft Word, Power Point, etc.
- Thorough understanding of medical device manufacturing, especially as it relates to FDA ( GMP ) manufacturing requirements
Location: Stafford TX.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately!
Please include a clean copy of your resume and salary expectations and any references.
Lighthouse Professional Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, color, Religion, gender, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or other protected classification.