Bethel, United States
almost 3 years ago
We are currently seeking a Manufacturing Engineer to work for one of our clients in Bethel, CT on a direct hire basis.
The qualified individual will oversee all engineering aspects of the manufacturing processes from support/improvements of existing processes to the implementation of new processes to manufacturing.
Position Summary and Special Duties:
- Support existing equipment and processes on the manufacturing floor.
- Work with manufacturing to design tools, equipment, and processes to produce wire/tube base components.
- Investigate new manufacturing practices and equipment to support or further improve existing and new products.
- Troubleshoot manufacturing issue and develop a plan to contain, correct, and put preventive/corrective actions in place to reduce the possibility of re-occurrence.
- Participate in a continuous improvement program which includes the assessment, implementation, and evaluation of current products being manufactured.
- Take lead on improvement projects from design to implementation to manufacturing.
- Generate system documentation including creation of prints, procedures, work instructions, specifications, PM maintenance, and other documentation as necessary.
- Support internal development projects and goals.
- Constructively communicate with operators and other departments.
- Effectively present findings or oral arguments to management when necessary.
- Work closely with the component engineering group to release components from the development stages to mass manufacturing.
- Work with Operations, Quality, Customer Service, Logistics, and HR as required
- Adhere to company procedures / quality standards and ensure compliance to customer specifications and applicable external regulations (ex: FDA).
- Support QC with the development of root cause analysis and corrective action for customer NCR/RMA.
- Apply statistical methods such as design of experiments, SPC, etc
- BS or MS in Manufacturing/Mechanical Engineering with 5 years related experience, capable of working in a dynamic environment, well organized and self-motivated.
- Must be proficient with MS Office and CAD solid modeling (preferably SolidWorks).
- Must be a self-starter and able to work effectively with minimal supervision.
- General Metallurgy knowledge and/or knowledge of NiTi properties and how processing changes these properties.
- Experience with Process Controls: Control Plan, pFMEA, DOE, MSA, Problem solving, etc.
- Experience working in ISO-9001/13485 or similar environment.
- Direct hire with benefits
- Salary range: up to $90K
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately!
Please include a clean copy of your resume and salary expectations.
Lighthouse Professional Services works with Fortune 500 clients all over the
East Coast offering staffing services for full-time and contract assignments.