For almost 50 years, Lighthouse Professional Services has worked to provide full-service consulting and staffing partnerships to clients in Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, and the Carolinas. Our innovative solutions can reach all areas within your firm including: Administrative, Information Technology, Engineering, Finance, Clerical and Light Industrial.
Lighthouse Professional Services committed to the success of the companies, candidates and employees we serve. We invest in excellent working partnerships, powered by people.
We are currently seeking a Manufacturing Engineer in Bethel, CT.
Position Summary and Special Duties:
As a (an) Manufacturing Engineer your day to day duties will consist of and may not be limited to:
The qualified individual will oversee all engineering aspects of the manufacturing processes from support/improvements of existing processes to the implementation of new processes to manufacturing.
- Support existing equipment and processes on the manufacturing floor
- Work with manufacturing to design tools, equipment, and processes to produce wire/tube base components
- Investigate new manufacturing practices and equipment to support or further improve existing and new products
- Troubleshoot manufacturing issue and develop a plan to contain, correct, and put preventive/corrective actions in place to reduce the possibility of reoccurrence
- Participate in a continuous improvement program which includes the assessment, implementation, and evaluation of current products being manufactured
- Take lead on improvement projects from design to implementation to manufacturing
- Generate system documentation including creation of prints, procedures, work instructions, specifications, PM maintenance, and other documentation as necessary
- Support internal development projects and goals
- Constructively communicate with operators and other departments
- Effectively present findings or oral arguments to management when necessary
- Work closely with the component engineering group to release components from the development stages to mass manufacturing.
- Work with Operations, Quality, Customer Service, Logistics, and HR as required
- Adhere to company procedures / quality standards and ensure compliance to customer specifications and applicable external regulations (ex: FDA).
- Support QC with the development of root cause analysis and corrective action for customer NCR/RMA.
- Apply statistical methods such as design of experiments, SPC, etc
- BS or MS in Manufacturing/Mechanical Engineering with 5 years related experience, capable of working in a dynamic environment, well organized and self-motivated.
- Must be proficient with MS Office and CAD solid modeling (preferably SolidWorks).
- General Metallurgy knowledge
- Experience with Process Controls: Control Plan, pFMEA, DOE, MSA, Problem solving, etc.
- Experience working in ISO-9001/13485 or similar environment
- Duration: Direct Hire.
- Location: Bethel, CT.
- Salary: $90K