Trumbull, United States
7 months ago
For almost 50 years, Lighthouse Professional Services has worked to provide full-service consulting and staffing partnerships to clients in Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, and the Carolinas. Our innovative solutions can reach all areas within your firm including: Administrative, Information Technology, Engineering, Finance, Clerical and Light Industrial.
Lighthouse Professional Services committed to the success of the companies, candidates and employees we serve. We invest in excellent working partnerships, powered by people.
We are currently seeking a Manufacturing Engineer Electro-Mechanical your in Trumbull, CT.
Position Summary and Special Duties:
As a (an) Manufacturing Engineer Electro-Mechanical your day to day duties will consist of and may not be limited to:
Provides direct work products related to the electrical/mechanical engineering function for sustaining the product life cycle and product development of products. Value Stream leader, for all related Capital products, must ensure the quality of the electrical/mechanical engineering deliverables and the timely delivery of products which meet customer needs, business objectives and strategic goals. Serves as the Primary Value Stream representative on development projects at the core team level for products developed both internally and externally (including OEMs, contract development and joint-ventures).
- Manufacturing lead for value stream, to ensure that performance meets or exceeds budgeted performance (i.e. customer service level, scrap/material variances, expenses, labor productivity performance, build plan attainment and capacity analysis). Supports day to day operations within the value stream.
- Works with value stream to ensure that electrical and mechanical requirements for development and life cycle of existing products are adequately determined to meet the overall system requirements, are embodied in suitable electrical architecture, meets interface as well as mechanical requirements in a manner that leads to a robust, quality product that achieves both the needs of our customers and the company in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Drives and ensures manufacturing processes and procedures comply with cGMP, FDA, OSHA, ISO, corporate and divisional regulations, policies, and procedures (i.e. process qualification/validation, operation procedures, accurate standards, documentation, etc.).
- Identifies and resolves repetitive and major production issues that are affecting department performance especially when resolutions of such issues require technical solutions.
- Identifies and manage cost improvement programs by developing more cost effective methods for producing products. Programs will typically improve manufacturing costs by reducing material costs, improving labor performance, reducing labor requirements, reducing scrap and improving machine utilization.
- Generates protocols, reports for IQ/OQ/PQ and test method validations. This includes driving statistical analysis and sample size methods.
- Works within the team to support all documentation and production related issues, this includes but is not limited to Method Sheets, CAD drawings, Specification, BOM’s, BOO’s, and electrical diagrams.
- Drives Lean initiatives for COG’s reduction, yield improvements, and KPI’s
- Partners with QE to drive efficiency in regard to variances, NCMR and CAPA’s. Monitors and drives documentation and process to ensure continuous improvement and reduction.
- Trouble shoots and implements quick solutions to ensure production continuity is not disrupted.
- Performs additional duties and assignments as directed by management.
- BS/MS in Mechanical and or Electrical engineering with a minimum of 5 years’ experience, Master’s with a minimum of 2 years’ experience.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Six Sigma Green Belt desired and solid understanding of Lean Principles.
- Must be fully versed with programs such as Excel, AutoCad, MiniTab, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, etc.
- Clear understanding of DOE, Statistical analysis, and sample size determination.
- Thorough understanding of medical device manufacturing, especially as it relates to FDA (cGMP) manufacturing requirements
- Working knowledge of Microsoft suite or products, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, set priorities, and meet reasonable deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and move forward with projects by understanding overall requirements for that project.
- Ability to brainstorm and problem solve in a team environment as well as individually
- Duration: Direct Hire
- Location: Trumbull, CT.
- Salary: $75-$95K
- Benefits: Yes
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately!
Please include a clean copy of your resume and salary expectations and any references.