Lowell, United States
almost 2 years ago
- Supporting the development of new products by ensuring product manufacturability, and elimination of failure modes, and that processes and procedures are driving high quality and low cost.
- Leading the transfer of processes, process improvements, and products from development to production.
- Working to develop, sustain, and improve manufacturing processes.
- Troubleshooting technical issues to root cause in production or in returned product in conjunction with manufacturing staff. Communicate issues in a timely manner.
- Identify, prioritize and execute continuous improvement (CPI) activities; drive standardization and consistency of approach
- Improve manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning workflow, space requirements, and equipment layout, processes and methods for cost-reduction and quality improvement.
- Selects capital equipment and works with facilities management for successful implementation.
- May be asked to support additional projects and areas in development as appropriate
- Works without supervision in a technically intensive environment
- Trends and analyses production data as appropriate.
- Creates and maintains manufacturing methods.
- Trains and certifies manufacturing technicians in the production process.
REQUIRED EDUCATION & SKILLS:
- Bachelors, or equivalent experience in Mechanical, Electrical or Manufacturing Engineering
- At least 5 years' experience working in a manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated experience designing parts and specifying tolerances
- In-depth technical understanding in the challenging machining materials, Sheet metal, Cabling and PCBA’s :
- Demonstrated record of solving difficult technical problems in a multi-disciplined (i.e. chemical, mechanical, electrical) product environment.
- Experience with Solidworks CAD packages.
- Ability to interpret engineering drawings; both mechanical and electrical.
- Only U.S. Citizens or Green Card holders will be considered.