Shelton, United States
about 2 months ago
Lighthouse Professional Services, a division of Staffing 360 Solutions group of companies, has been providing contract and direct hire talent to client companies, ranging from small businesses to Fortune 500 corporations for over 50 years. Our offices are in New York, Connecticut, and Massachusetts, and we work with clients across the country. Our management and recruiting teams are led by experienced industry professionals. We invest in excellent working partnerships, powered by people.
We are currently seeking a Manufacturing Engineer in Shelton, CT. As a Manufacturing Engineer, your day to day duties will consist of and may not be limited to:
- Familiar with all precision metal fabricating processes that our client uses:
- CNC shearing, CNC punching, CNC laser cutting, CNC press brake forming, CNC plate rolling, PEM inserts press fastening, 3 and 4 axis CNC milling, 2 and 5 axis CNC turning, manual machining and turning, CNC saw cutting, MIG/TIG/SPOT welding, deburring/grinding, QC, pretreat washing, liquid spray painting, powder coating, mechanical assembly, packing and shipping.
- This person should be familiar with programming of all our CNC equipment in both our sheet metal and machine shops. Needs to have CAD/CAM and 3D modeling experience.
- We use Solidworks for our 3D modeling software and Mastercam for our CNC chip cutting processes.
- We use Pro Fab and Sigmanest for our sheet metal and plate CNC programming.
- Needs to be able to take a customer supplied drawing and/or 3D model with specs and create processes, tooling, programs, and design/make the necessary gages/fixtures/tooling to produce the parts economically, on time, and with acceptable quality for a low quantity yet high variety and fast paced job shop environment.
- Needs experience in estimating costs on jobs.
- Cost cutting and improvements will be also part of the responsibilities on this job.
- Advancement to a leadership position within our mfg.
- Engineering dept is also possible with time.
- We currently have 3 employees working in that dept.
- Supervision/leadership experience a plus.
- Needs to be familiar with troubleshooting equipment maintenance issues as well.
- Hands on position as needed and when needed.
An ideal candidate for this job would be a person who perhaps ran a whole shop or owned their own who was used to wearing a lot of hats. College degree preferred. Engineering degree a plus.
- Duration: Direct hire
- Location: Shelton, CT
?Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately!
Please include a clean copy of your resume, salary expectations, and any references.
Submit resumes to: email@example.com