Trumbull, United States
8 months ago
Lighthouse Professional Services, a division of Staffing 360 Solutions group of companies, has been providing contract and direct hire talent to client companies, ranging from small businesses to Fortune 500 corporations for over 50 years. Our offices are in New York, Connecticut, and Massachusetts, and we work with clients across the country. Our management and recruiting teams are led by experienced industry professionals. We invest in excellent working partnerships, powered by people.
We are currently seeking a Manufacturing Engineer in Trumbull, CT.
Position Summary and Special Duties:
As a Manufacturing Engineer your day-to-day duties will consist of and may not be limited to:
Provide engineering and technical services to the Value Stream to achieve the overall manufacturing goal of consistently producing quality, low-cost products which meet or exceed customer expectations by addressing major production problems, ensuring optimum manufacturing methods and techniques, and implementing cost improvement programs.? It is important that the Manufacturing Engineer maintain a proper balance between operations support and project management.
- Partner with the Value Stream Team to ensure that performance meets or exceeds budgeted performance (i.e., customer service level, scrap/material variances, expenses, labor productivity performance, build plan attainment and capacity analysis).
- Ensure that manufacturing processes and procedures comply with FDA, OSHA, ISO, corporate and divisional regulations, policies, and procedures (i.e., process qualification/validation, operation procedures, accurate standards, documentation, etc.).
- Identify and resolve repetitive and major production issues that are affecting department performance especially when resolutions of such issues require technical solutions.
- Support new product programs by partnering with Product Development and Value Stream Team, acting as liaison and transfer engineer, for new product introduction into manufacturing in the most cost effective, timely and efficient manner.
- Identify and manage cost improvement programs by developing more cost-effective methods for producing products.? Programs will typically improve manufacturing costs by reducing material costs, improving labor performance, reducing labor requirements, reducing scrap, and improving machine utilization.
- Provide technical support to supply chain to ensure continuous and cost-effective supply of quality product components.
- Develop and manage part and product redesign programs that will reduce manufacturing costs, improve manufacturability, process capabilities and process yields.
- Develop annual goals/objectives and communicate to Value Stream Team to achieve consensus, support and buy-in for technical programs.
- Perform other duties as directed by management.
- Engineering degree with a minimum of 3+?years’ experience in manufacturing environment that is both labor and machine intensive.
- Experience in engineering project management.
- A proven track record of cost reduction and work simplification
- Creative individual who is able to communicate and coordinate good ideas through to implementation.? Ability to communicate well, both orally and written
- Six Sigma Green Belt desired & Solid understanding of Lean Principles.
- Familiarity with programs such as Excel, AutoCAD, Minitab, Microsoft Word, Power Point, etc.
- Thorough understanding of medical device manufacturing, especially as it relates to FDA (GMP) manufacturing requirements
Some clients require proof that temporary associates have received all required doses of the COVID-19 vaccine by their first date of employment, unless a reasonable accommodation recognized by law is approved. To request an accommodation, please email email@example.com.
- Duration: 1 year contract
- Location: Trumbull, CT
- Salary: 85-120K
- Benefits: Yes
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately!
Please include a clean copy of your resume and salary expectations and any references.
Submit resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org