Enfield, United States
6 months ago
Lighthouse Professional Services, a division of Staffing 360 Solutions group of companies, has been providing contract and direct hire talent to client companies, ranging from small businesses to Fortune 500 corporations for over 50 years. Our offices are in New York, Connecticut, and Massachusetts, and we work with clients across the country. Our management and recruiting teams are led by experienced industry professionals. We invest in excellent working partnerships, powered by people.
We are currently seeking Manufacturing Engineer in Enfield, CT. As a Manufacturing Engineer, your day-to-day duties will consist of and may not be limited to:
- Develops, evaluates, and improves manufacturing methods and assembly systems.
- Maintains reliable and safe manufacturing/assembly systems while improving production rates, efficiencies, yields, costs, and changeovers.
- Analyzes, plans, and improves work force utilization, space requirements, and workflow, and designs layout of equipment and workspace for maximum manufacturing efficiency.
- Develops innovative solutions that benefit production efficiency, quality output and reduces production cost.
- Performs process analyses (sequence and content of assembly steps, time studies, material flow analysis) and develops to-be assembly concepts.
- Improves process capability and production volume while maintaining and improving quality standards.
- Confers with planning and design staff concerning product design and tooling to ensure efficient production methods.
- Confers with vendors to determine product specifications and arrange for purchase of equipment, materials, or parts, and evaluates products according to specifications and quality standards.
- Confers with management, engineering, and other staff regarding manufacturing capabilities, production schedules, and other considerations to facilitate production processes.
- Estimates production times, staffing requirements, and related material and labor cost to provide information for management decisions.
- Applies statistical methods to estimate future manufacturing requirements and potential.
- Implement and support Failure Mode & Effects Analysis (FMEA) and Design for Manufacturing & Assembly (DFMA) activities.
- Supports operations with product line documentation; routing, work instructions, time studies, process FMEA’s, engineering change orders, deviation requests.
- Develops complete routing and documentation packages, including part finishing operation requirements, in support of shop floor operations.
- Ensures projects are completed on time and financial budgets are followed.
- Participate in the Company’s Lean/Continuous Improvement activities.
- Researches and purchases new manufacturing technologies.
- Observance and compliance to applicable corporate standards in Quality Management System required as well.
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.S.) in Engineering from a four-year college or university
- Up to three years of directly related Manufacturing Engineering experience and/or training.
- Must be very knowledgeable in assembly sequences and methodologies for manual (hands-on) assembly systems. Must be familiar with ISO 9000, Lean Manufacturing, green belt practices, and CAD/CAM programming for computerized machinery.
- Familiarity with customary dimensioning and tolerancing standards in a sheet metal environment & G, D & T training is preferred.
Duration: Direct hire
Location: Enfield, CT
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately!
Please include a clean copy of your resume and salary expectations and any references.
Submit resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org