Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsibilities for this position include design, fabrication, modification and evaluation of manufacturing operations for diverse and complex product lines.
- Development of manufacturing operations including factory layout and work flow.
- Design tools and fixtures of varying types for the manufacture of company products both in-house and at supplier locations.
- Evaluate, recommend and transition products from design to manufacturing to minimize production costs.
- Work with suppliers to optimize their manufacturing processes as it relates to what they produce for the company.
- Maintain and improve manufacturing process documentation necessary to effectively communicate design intent to manufacturing personnel.
- Implement process change to make manufacturing methods as ‘mistake-proof’ as possible.
- Work closely with the Purchasing Department to evaluate vendors and assess the company’s costs related to purchased parts and assemblies.
- Provide design to cost leadership utilizing value engineering concepts and ensuring producibility including supplier engagement as appropriate.
- Organize project and task workloads and may assign work to designers and/or technicians and provide guidance to engineers and program management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering with 5+ years applicable experience (or equivalent combination of education/training and experience)
- US Citizenship required
- Ability to obtain Security Clearance