Wallingford, United States
over 1 year ago
Lighthouse Professional Services, a division of Staffing 360 Solutions group of companies, has been providing contract and direct hire talent to client companies, ranging from small businesses to Fortune 500 corporations for over 50 years. Our offices are in New York, Connecticut, and Massachusetts, and we work with clients across the country. Our management and recruiting teams are led by experienced industry professionals. We invest in excellent working partnerships, powered by people.
We are currently seeking a Manufacturing Engineering Manager in Wallingford, CT.
The Manufacturing Engineering Manager will organize, supervise and individually contribute to a team of engineers engaged in the development, assembly, integration and delivery or out-sourcing of custom production equipment. Provide technical support for existing manufacturing processes and equipment. Collaborate frequently with Manufacturing, Quality Control, and R&D colleagues to identify new projects and manage ongoing projects as required by scaling, new product, and new process initiatives. Manage department headcount, standards, infrastructure and resources to meet manufacturing engineering goals.
- Support R&D in the development of new product initiatives and specifications.
- Keep all development initiatives organized, on schedule and within budget.
- Provide a smooth transfer of new processes and equipment into manufacturing, ensuring adequate documentation and training.
- Contribute in the technical reviews of new products to evaluate viability, functionality, and manufacturability.
- Provide leadership and mentoring for existing and new employees.
- Develop, maintain, and motivate staff to execute engineering project list consistent with manufacturing and management needs and priorities.
- Identify and support continuous improvement opportunities and initiatives in manufacturing
- Support development of incoming material specifications and requirements to meet manufacturing process needs.
- Responsible for generation and ensuring execution of IQ, OQ and PQ validation protocols for new equipment and processes.
- Support Facility and Equipment preventative maintenance programs.
- Perform 3D modeling and machine design for concept and sustaining in an as necessary ‘bench’ capacity.
Education and Experience:
- B.S. degree (Mechanical preferred) in a related field or equivalence in accumulated work experience.
- Candidates should have a minimum of 7-10 years engineering experience in machine design / integration. Preferably in a Quality Management System regulated environment (e.g. ISO-9001).
- Candidates should have a minimum of 5 years experience with SolidWorks and GD&T as applied to production tooling, fixturing, and automation equipment that includes motion control, part handling, machine vision, and/or instrumentation.
- Candidates preferably have some experience with PC, PLC, or CNC based instrumentation, control and systems integration.
- Must have strong leadership and decision-making skills with the ability to work cross-functionally in challenging situations.
- Must possess strong verbal, communication, computer skills and have good multitasking skills with the ability to work in a dynamic environment.
- Must have a solid understanding of Design Control and Product Lifecycle Management. Preferably direct experience using PLM systems.
- Duration: Direct Hire
- Location: Wallingford, CT
- Salary: Depending on Experience
- Benefits: Yes
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately!
Please include a clean copy of your resume and salary expectations and any references.