Continuous Improvement Manager
Tewksbury, United States
over 2 years ago
- Contributing to the creation and implementation of best practice Lean Manufacturing strategy, policies, processes and procedures to aid and improve operational performance
- Contributing to new business initiatives and projects; review and communicate the impact on Lean activities
- Developing continuous improvement strategy in partnership with the Management Team and key stakeholders
- Implementing and supporting cultural change across the organization and drive business improvement
- Providing project management, analytical and research skills and expertise
- Developing and supporting delivery of business improvement change initiatives.
- Providing expertise and guidance to the business in business improvement, drawing from proven industry practice and methodologies
- Reporting on progress of projects, understanding the risks, dependencies, budgets, resourcing, issues, critical milestones and forthcoming pipeline, and actions necessary to ensure success
- Defining, developing and publishing business improvement process documentation to reflect best practice
- Leading, defining and developing continuous improvement activities designed to improve performance, such as the planning and running of lean events
- Attending meetings and action/communicate instructions
- Producing reports and making presentations
- Involved in continuous training and development
- Performing root cause analysis and resolving problems
- Excellent leadership and man- management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage a variety of cross-functional team members
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Excellent organizational and follow-up skills
- Competent in problem solving, team building, planning and decision making
- Commercially and financially aware
Experience and Qualifications
- Candidate should be a strong team player with flexibility to adapt to organizational needs and priorities.
- Must be hands-on, intuitive and solution-oriented with good communication skills.
- Computer literacy and proficiency in using Windows based applications such as Microsoft Office, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Project.
- Working knowledge of 5S, 6 Sigma, and Lean Manufacturing (Demand Flow Technology)
- B.S. in Mechanical/Electrical/Industrial Engineering or Engineering Technology