Woburn, United States
10 months ago
The Manufacturing Engineering Supervisor – Systems is responsible for leading and overseeing the scheduling, planning, and implementation of projects, staff development, tactics, and day to day issues which arise in the systems manufacturing area. In this role, he or she will be responsible working cross functionally with design engineering, planning, shop supervision, and quality to drive improvements in systems manufacturing product quality, process efficiency, throughput and cost. A key element of the supervisor’s role is to ensure production readiness of systems products entering production. Early involvement of the team’s resources in the NPI process and active participation in design reviews are keys to the team’s success.
- Work with shop floor management to identify process breakdowns, bottlenecks, waste and potential failure modes and drive continuous improvement activities.
- Support the NPI process and drive the design for manufacturability and production readiness agenda throughout the design and verification phases. Deploy team resources to support NPI projects and ensure production readiness.
- Focus department efforts on accurate, effective, and timely process documentation to support NPI and legacy products. Focus team resources on highest risk processes / products, and balance document creation costs with production potential.
- Ensure prioritization and execution of ECN’s which impact OTD, quality, and cost adversely, including supporting obsolescence ECN’s when required.
- Serve as the systems manufacturing engineering lead for process related failures with the customer. Take ownership of 8D’s when required, and foster skills development in problem solving and corrective & preventative action tools.
- Ensure timely processing of any product non-conformances found at incoming inspection or in process. Escalate recurring problems with Supply Quality and Purchasing.
- Be an advocate for the implementation lean manufacturing principles and 6S in the factory and in business processes. Deploy department resources to eliminate waste in processes where practical. Ensure shop supervision, planning and shop personnel are part of the improvement planning and implementation.
- Partner with service team to participate in failure analysis activities, compile data and reduce process failure modes.
- Support product safety factory compliance requirements (UL, ITS, MET, TUV, etc). Ensure cross training is in place to support audits with no notice.
- Write performance reviews for team members and define goals and training plans which align with the company strategy and tactics as well as encouraging professional development of your team.
- Willing to travel up to 15% domestic and international when required to customers and other sites.
Education / Background
- B.S. in a manufacturing, mechanical or electromechanical engineering in required with a minimum 5 years of experience in a manufacturing engineering role. Graduate degree in a technical field or management is a plus.
- Prior experience with project management, refrigeration, electro-mechanical assembly, wiring, pumping systems, PLM for configuration management & ECN, ERP Systems, lean manufacturing, 6S, and UL safety compliance is preferred.