over 2 years ago
Lighthouse Professional Services has worked to provide full-service consulting and staffing partnerships to clients in Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, and the Carolinas. Our innovative solutions can reach all areas within your firm including: Administrative, Information Technology, Engineering, Accounting & Finance and Clerical.
Lighthouse Professional Services is committed to the success of the companies, candidates and employees we serve. We invest in excellent working partnerships, powered by people.
We are currently seeking a Manufacturing Engineering Technician to work for one of our clients in Trumbull, CT on a direct hire basis.
The Manufacturing Engineering Technician will support the operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing changeovers, adjustments, repairs, calibration and preventive maintenance requirements on production machines, equipment and tools. Follow directions from superiors, diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions, engineering specifications, method sheets, and SOP's. Troubleshoot malfunctions and assist in the maintenance and safety requirements of the production equipment.
- Perform machine changeovers and adjustments as needed to keep production running according to schedule.
- Preventative maintenance including documentation, scheduling, and ordering of parts needed to repair machines.
- Utilizes all necessary tools and procedures to keep machines operating in a safe and proper order as required, including daily, weekly, and monthly machine maintenance.
- Possesses ability to troubleshoot and make necessary machine adjustments to keep machines running to meet production requirements.
- Records and maintains machine/calibration records as required in accordance with procedures.
- Assist manufacturing engineers as needed to ensure production requirements are met.
- Ability to maintain and/or improve on a clean and safe working environment in manufacturing.
- Assist with the maintenance and safety requirements of the production equipment as directed.
- Performs additional duties or assignment as required by management.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Minimum of 7 years of machine maintenance experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Solid mechanical repair/technical school background.
- Knowledge of pneumatic, hydraulic and electrical systems.
- Experience and skills using hand tools working on mechanical, electrical, pneumatic and plumbing applications.
- Experience with automation or molding tooling changeovers is the most ideal skill for this role.
- Proficient in reading blueprints, schematics and specification sheets.
- Able to communicate and coordinate good ideas through to implementation.
- Ability to communicate well, both orally and written.
- Understanding of lean processes.
- In-depth understanding of equipment, mechanics and application related to value streams.
- Knowledge of safety requirements for machines and facilities.
- 1st shift, direct hire position with benefits
- Pay rate: $20-30/hour (depending on experience)
- 5 hour on-site interview