Manufacturing Production Manager
Mansfield, United States
almost 4 years ago
The Manufacturing Production Manager plans, schedules and manages one or more manufacturing processes. This manager supervises personnel and evaluates requirements and procedures necessary to ensure continued support of the Company’s operating needs and manufacturing goals.
- Assist with planning and directing and efficient layout of equipment and flow of materials in each manufacturing cell. Plan and schedule personnel along with material flow delegating work efficiently.
- Ensure manufacturing performance, volume and quality goals are met by utilizing efficient methods and maintaining appropriate staffing levels.
- Ensure that project/department milestones/goals are met and adhere to approved budgets.
- Provide leadership and supervision to properly manage workflow and allocate personnel in a timely and efficient manner, without comprising product quality.
- Ensure adequate communications with staff, management, manufacturing, quality control, engineering and other departments as required.
- Maintain bridge of communication with both customers and manufacturing to insure delivery efficiencies.
- Strive to reduce expenses and increase productivity across all product lines.
- Provide clear feedback to departmental employees on job performance, efficiencies and technical capabilities.
- Support existing safety policies while ensuring full compliance of GMP and industry standards, housekeeping and floor organization.
- Responsible for team building, training, motivation and instruction in work cells ensuring that all employees are trained to the most current SOP and manufacturing procedures.
- Perform managerial functions such as daily production planning, labor reporting, root cause analysis and project/budget control to meet organizational goals and objectives.
- Responsible for accurate reporting to all departmental heads on manufacturing, purchasing and inventory.
- Capable of overcoming obstacles and completing assignments in a timely manner.
- Team oriented approach with a desire to work in a hands-on leadership capacity.
- 5 + years’ experience in manufacturing operations.
- Will consider 2 – 3 years’ experience if that experience is with a company with well established training programs.
- 2+ years of successful team management and supervisory experience.
- Knowledge of medical products standards, ISO, quality standards in a medical device environment.
- Proven experience in providing leadership and training to key personnel in productivity and safety.
- Solid knowledge of lean manufacturing principles, GMP’s a plus and manufacturing, scheduling.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree required in manufacturing engineering or industrial engineering.