- Develop new manufacturing strategies to minimize product cost
- Pursue and asses new technologies for use in manufacturing
- Meet and exceed product team tooling/machine requirements
- Qualify and implement engineering tools and methods
- Upgrade and maintain technical proficiency of staff
- Implement and optimize group procedural standards, implement company policy
- Promote and maintain technical interchange with product teams
- Maintain project expenditures within budget, generate capital budget
- Review and approve specifications and suppliers
- Schedule and maintain project progress
- Design tools, Jigs, fixtures and equipment.
- Write specifications for designing, fabricating and or building machines by outside vendors or by in-house fabrication.
- Utilize CAD & PDM to design tooling with maximum efficiency
- Other duties as assigned
POSITION REQUIREMENTS (KNOWLEDGE, COMPETENCIES AND ABILITIES)
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum of ten years’ experience in a manufacturing environment
- Ability to work efficiency beyond department boundaries
- Position requires applying leadership skills in a team environment.
- Required to implement strategies for optimum manufacturing
- Ability to calculate and show mathematically the design integrity
- Five years machine design experience.
- Previous supervisory/ leadership role experience necessary.
- Hands-on individual with creativity.
- Proficiency with industry accepted drawing practices, including geometric tolerancing.
- Must have demonstrated superior performance in engineering discipline.