Barclay, United States
11 months ago
We are currently seeking a Manufacturing Manager to work for one of our clients in Barclay, MD on a direct hire basis. Must have 8+ years of experience in a manufacturing environment; 4 years in a management/leadership role.
Oversee all production processes and supervise the activities of multi-shift production co-workers to ensure efficient and high-quality production in the location.
- Drive improvements to production methods, equipment performance, product quality, and efficiency.
- Strive to ensure quality outcome of product the first time, responsible for correcting quality errors and fixing processes to avoid future quality errors from occurring.
- Direct and coordinate the activities of employees engaged in the production of doors.
- Plan and establish work schedules, assignments, and production sequences to meet production goals.
- Understand and support the new hire training and orientation process. Provide follow-on training as necessary to ensure all employees are capable of meeting production and quality goals.
- Partner with human resources to resolve worker problems, complaints, or grievances.
- Recommend or implement measures to motivate employees.
- Train and develop co-workers in their jobs.
- Develop training plans to account for the future success of the site and growth of personnel into advanced roles.
- Hire, train, develop, evaluate, coach, counsel, and discharge staff, and resolve personnel grievances.
- Institute employee suggestion or involvement programs.
- Read and analyze charts, work orders, production schedules, and other records and reports, in order to determine production requirements and to evaluate current production estimates and outputs.
- Coordinate operations and activities within or between departments/location.
- Interpret specifications, blue prints, job orders, and company policies and procedures for workers.
- Maintain operations data such as time, production, and cost records, and prepare management reports of production results.
- Determine standards, budgets, production goals, and rates, based on company policies, equipment and labor availability, and workloads.
- Requisition materials, supplies.
- Calculate labor and equipment requirements and production specifications, using standard formulas.
- Direct and coordinate production activities across multiple shifts.
- Stay within budget, ensuring that materials, labor and equipment are used efficiently to meet production targets.
- Review production schedules and work orders to make decisions concerning staffing requirements, work procedures, and duty assignments, considering budgetary and inventory limitations and time constraints.
- Review operations and confer with technical staff to resolve production or processing problems.
- Initiate and coordinate inventory and cost control programs for inventory maintained by production.
- Prepare and maintain production reports.
- Monitor production standards, examining work in process or finished goods, to ensure finished products are of prescribed quality.
- Develop, implement, and/or execute production tracking and quality control systems, analyzing production, quality control, maintenance, and other operational reports, to detect production problems.
- Coordinate and recommend procedures for production facility and equipment maintenance or modification, including the replacement of machines.
- Maintain current knowledge of the quality control field, relying on current literature pertaining to materials use, technological advances, and statistical studies.
- Manage production with minimum waste and quality errors.
- Observe work, and monitor processes, and other indicators to ensure that operators conform to production and safety standards.
- Enforce safety procedures and policies and ensure a safe work environment free of hazards.
- Ensure compliance with OSHA and other government agencies.
- Ensure proper compliance and execution of the HAZMAT program.
- Ensure co-workers are following safety rules and are demonstrating safe working behavior.
- Champion an assigned safety policy; manage and execute the policy program for the site.
- Participate in monthly safety committee meetings.
- In the event of incident/injury, complete a thorough and timely accident investigation report with corrective action input. Develop an action plan to correct safety issues. Transport employee to seek appropriate medical care if necessary.
- Conduct monthly site safety inspections, and conduct weekly tool box safety talks.
- Effectively investigate customer complaints and ensure quality customer service. Adjust production as findings demonstrate to be appropriate.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma or equivalent required; Bachelor's Degree preferred.
Computer Skills - MS Office, WMS and ordering system
Valid driver’s license required. Safe driver history/record required for insurance and liability.
- Active Listening - Ability to actively attend to, convey, and understand the comments and questions of others.
- Acts with Integrity - Demonstrates responsibility and honest behavior in all roles, tasks and responsibilities
- Business Acumen - Ability to grasp and understand business concepts and issues.
- Communicates Effectively - Creates open channels of communication, adapts message to fit the audience, expresses ideas clearly and concisely, keeps others well informed; listens carefully to input and feedback
- Customer Driven - Provides outstanding customer service (to both internal and external customers); follows through on responsibilities to customers; leaves all customers satisfied
- Decision Making - Ability to make critical decisions while following company procedures.
- Delegating Responsibility - Ability to allocate authority and/or task responsibility to appropriate people.
- Drives Results - Demonstrates the ability to get results despite large workload, competing demands and a fast-paced environment; performed all tasks in job description in a highly effective manner, creative and innovative and drives process improvements
- Motivation - Ability to inspire oneself and others to reach a goal and/or perform to the best of their ability.
- Product/Job Knowledge - Demonstrates a high level of knowledge of job, products, services and procedures. Has a high level of job knowledge and understanding of systems, procedures, etc.
- Promotes Teamwork - Demonstrates positive working relationships with co-workers, effectively handles conflict situations, comes to work when scheduled, adheres to schedule for arrival time, breaks and lunches
- Resource Management (People & Equipment) - Ability to obtain and appropriate the proper usage of equipment, facilities, materials, as well as personnel.
- Drives Quality – Work is correct and error free within company policies and guidelines, checks quality and correct quality errors and processes, passionate in ensuring that customers receive a quality and correct product
- Safety Orientation - Follows safety policies and procedures, identifies and corrects safety hazards, encourages others to work safety
- Other duties as assigned.
- Direct hire with benefits
- Salary range $130K
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately!
Please include a clean copy of your resume and salary expectations.
Lighthouse Professional Services works with Fortune 500 clients all over the
East Coast offering staffing services for full-time and contract assignments.