North Haven, United States
11 days ago
Lighthouse Professional Services, a division of Staffing 360 Solutions group of companies, has been providing contract and direct hire talent to client companies, ranging from small businesses to Fortune 500 corporations for over 50 years. Our offices are in New York, Connecticut, and Massachusetts, and we work with clients across the country. Our management and recruiting teams are led by experienced industry professionals. We invest in excellent working partnerships, powered by people.
We are currently seeking a Manufacturing Supervisor in North Haven, CT. As a Manufacturing Supervisor your day-to-day duties will consist of and may not be limited to: The Supervisor will be responsible for planning, scheduling, and monitoring the movement of material through the production cycle to meet customer demand.
- Responsible for the level of quality of product Utilize direct and/or indirect labor to maintain "on-time" delivery of items within their department on a daily basis.
- Responsible for employee safety.
- Maintain a variety of schedules, records, and reports pertaining the tracking of materials through the production cycle and availability of production resources.
- Responsible for identifying employee development needs and monitoring adherence to Parker policies/procedures.
- Train and develop employees to ensure a flexible workforce exist to support fluctuations in business demand.
- Write and conduct performance reviews of hourly employees as required.
- Assist with the monitoring of inventory levels generating tracking reports and performing data entry as required.
- Assume and maintain ownership of the Heijunka system (drives production schedules).
- Utilize visual management systems to communicate plan, progress, and continuous improvement activity.
- 3-5 years supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment.
- 4-year college degree in business, engineering, or materials management required with certification in supply chain management preferred.
- Possess analytical and technical skills required to understand business practices and recommend proper automation opportunities.
- Must have intermediate to advanced computer skills and be able to understand electronic processing (MS products a must) MSS mainframe experience and PHconnect experience a plus.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills for effective interface with all internal and external contacts.
- Must be an innovator and embrace lean enterprises principles and practices.
- This role is subject to compliance with the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and the Export Administration Regulations (EAR), which requires the incumbent to be either a US citizen, lawful permanent resident [“green card” holders] or have refugee or asylee status).
Location: North Haven, CT.
Salary: Depending on skills and experience
Duration: Direct hire Permanent
Benefits: Yes, full benefits
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately!
Please include a clean copy of your resume and salary expectations and any references.