Wallingford, United States
7 months ago
Lighthouse Professional Services, a division of Staffing 360 Solutions group of companies, has been providing contract and direct hire talent to client companies, ranging from small businesses to Fortune 500 corporations for over 50 years. Our offices are in New York, Connecticut, and Massachusetts, and we work with clients across the country. Our management and recruiting teams are led by experienced industry professionals. We invest in excellent working partnerships, powered by people.
We are currently seeking a Research Associate- Reagent Manufacturing Technician in Wallingford, CT.
Position Summary and Special Duties:
The candidate will be responsible for providing accurate, efficient and quality production tasks in a cutting edge molecular biology laboratory; the individual must exhibit a high degree of attention to detail and follow multi-step complicated technical protocols and processes accurately and rapidly. A basic molecular biology or biochemistry laboratory skill set is required as is experience in the use and maintenance of multiple types of biological instrumentation and systems.
This position requires the ability to function with minimal oversight and convert customer demands into finished product. The individual will execute production protocols and ensure continual operation of equipment to meet production targets assigned by management, effectively and immediately communicate any complications that arise during manufacturing, and then be able to work across teams to establish and maintain a solution, and provide detailed documentation of manufacturing activities on a daily basis.
- Follow written SOP’s (standard operating procedures) to conduct antibody-based assays on novel micro-fluidic cartridge platform; possibly including populating, dispensing reagents, inspection, cleaning, Quality controls, and packaging for shipment.
- Generate biological reagents using basic laboratory, chemical and mathematical skills and basic instrumentation.
- Be able to follow specific procedures and remain focused on exact and repetitive manufacturing tasks.
- Prepare reagents and other biochemical formulations (consumables) involving high precision tasks along with a high-level attention to details in a timely matter.
- Be responsible for workflow coordination, troubleshooting, quality assurance and employee safety as well as preventive maintenance procedures and schedules.
- Be responsible for proper handling of biological/clinical samples and waste within a BL2 laboratory environment.
- Record manufacturing tasks in batch records/travelers as well as computer data entry.
- Be responsible for performing basic preventative maintenance procedures and schedules on manufacturing equipment.
- This role will require an individual who demonstrates a proactive mindset to manage multiple tasks and drive them to completion in a timely manner.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors Degree in Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry or related biological science.
- Laboratory experience desired.
- Highly organized with good attention to detail
- Proficient hands on experience with standard biotech lab work practices, such as pipetting, use of a balance, use of a vortex, mixer etc
- Quickly learn and apply new skills and processes
- Good communication and documentation skills (verbal and written English)
- Good eye hand coordination and manual dexterity needed
- Exhibit a high degree of flexibility and teamwork, and have a commitment to continuous improvement activities
- Excellent interpersonal skills required, as well as the ability to thrive in a dynamic work environment with rapidly evolving goals
- Basic computer literacy with MS Office
- The ability to work in a BL2 and clean room environment
- Must be able to lift and handle packages weighing 35lb
Prior Experience with the following is desired:
- Practical experience in a laboratory environment with the ability to properly utilize and maintain a laboratory notebook
- Experience in a biology lab facility and previous blood-borne pathogen training
- Experience with following SOPs (standard operating procedures)
- Familiarity with basic calculations and statistics
- Experience with antibody-based assays
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing/ structures team-based continuous improvement.
- Duration: Direct Hire
- Location: Wallingford, CT
- Salary: Depending on Experience
- Benefits: Yes
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately!
Please include a clean copy of your resume and salary expectations and any references.