Ayer, United States
about 2 years ago
- Perform electrical and mechanical assembly from sub-assembly level to finish goods
- Load and operate automated manufacturing equipment according to work instructions and follow standard operating procedures
- Assemble products according to good manufacturing practices, including specification of materials, parts and assembly and operating process equipment
- Document assembly processes/instructions/status reports for all incoming Grid products
- Work with Field Service and Engineering staff to assist in troubleshooting in house and field issues as required
- Assist Supervisor and or Team Leader in production planning
- Follow all safety requirements across the Grid manufacturing plant and notify your Supervisor and or Team Lead of any potential safety risk
- Must adhere to all policies and practices of AMSC ensuring the Code of Conduct and highest level of ethics are always maintained
- Interaction with Others (level of contact, purpose and frequency)
- Work with all levels of the organization to plan work and resolve problems on a daily basis.
- Meet production schedules and provide status reports.
- Present recommendations and follow through on projects.
- Provide cost reduction opportunities and contribute to the company’s monthly profitability.
Education - Experience:
Minimum: High School or Technical school with 3+ years industry experience
Required Skills, Competencies, Authorities and Training Needs:
- Basic technical and mechanical skills
- Skilled in reading and interpreting electro-mechanical assembly drawings and BOMs
- Demonstrated high level of attention to detail
- Ability to work in a team environment and independently with limited supervision.
- Ability to read blueprints and other technical data sheets would be helpful
- Understanding of safety practices in a plant environment
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally/written
- Computer literate in spread sheets, word processing and internet