Shelton, United States
almost 2 years ago
For almost 50 years, Lighthouse Professional Services has worked to provide full-service consulting and staffing partnerships to clients in Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, and the Carolinas. Our innovative solutions can reach all areas within your firm including: Administrative, Information Technology, Engineering, Finance, Clerical and Light Industrial.
Lighthouse Professional Services committed to the success of the companies, candidates and employees we serve. We invest in excellent working partnerships, powered by people.
We are currently seeking a Material Handler in Boston, MA.
Position Summary and Special Duties:
As a (an) Material Handler your day to day duties will consist of and may not be:
Job Description Summary
Material Handler: Performs the physical or administrative tasks involved in the shipping, receiving, storing, distributing and order fulfillment of merchandise, products, materials, parts, supplies and equipment. Checks goods received and for distribution against purchase orders or invoices, maintains records of goods and rejects unsatisfactory items. Packages and prepares products and merchandise for final shipment and posts weights and shipping charges. Lifts heavy items and may operate a forklift. Prepares and maintains records of merchandise shipped. Reviews customer orders, examines, stocks and distributes merchandise, products and materials in inventory warehouses, distribution centers or manufacturing lines. Survey Tip: Employees matched to this job family may be known as warehouse associates, shipping, receiving, pick-packs, or stores clerks.
Title: Material Handler
Participates in a team environment to manage and perform routine tasks related to the receipt, storage, distribution, issuance, and/or shipping of PerkinElmer products, parts and subassemblies.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Completes general warehouse tasks in accordance with defined ISO procedures and/or supervisory and work instructions
• Receives, counts and processes incoming POs using SAP
• Verifies materials released for stockroom through receiving and issue-to-stock processes.
• Assists in daily cycle count activities
• Performs SAP inventory transactions
• Processes sales orders and work orders for shipment (picking, packing & checking)
• Packages orders for issue to stock or shipment using various packaging means
• Adheres to all Federal, State, Local and Company safety and security regulations and policies
• Maintains relationships with incoming and outgoing drivers, carriers, etc.
• Operates mechanical equipment such as forklifts and stock pickers as required
• 6-12 months prior warehouse and/or related work experience
• Basic experience in PC business applications including MS Word and Excel
• Experience/practical working knowledge of inventory control systems and processes
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Communicates effectively both verbally and in writing with clients and company personnel
• Works various shifts and overtime as needed, especially at the end of the quarter
• Stands for long periods of time and frequently lifts 50-75 pounds while performing routine job functions
- Schedule - ability to work flex hours; 9-5:30pm Monday-Friday shift with possible OT on weekends.
- Location: Boston, MA
- Salary: $17-18hr.
- Shift: 1st shift.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately!
Please include a clean copy of your resume and salary expectations and any references.