For almost 50 years, Lighthouse Professional Services has worked to provide full-service consulting and staffing partnerships to clients in Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, and the Carolinas. Our innovative solutions can reach all areas within your firm including: Administrative, Information Technology, Engineering, Finance, Clerical and Light Industrial.
Lighthouse Professional Services committed to the success of the companies, candidates and employees we serve. We invest in excellent working partnerships, powered by people.
We are currently seeking a Material Handler in Shelton, CT.
Position Summary and Special Duties:
As a (an) Material Handler your day to day duties will consist of and may not be limited to:
- Key Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Receives packs, unpacks, moves/lifts, locates, identifies issues and ships variety of materials and packages.
- Locates items in proper stocking location in warehouse.
- Generates Customer order pick lists and packing lists.
- Picks and packs materials for Customer orders.
- Verifies that the appropriate materials are handled and takes corrective action when materials are improperly stored transferred or identified.
- Checks, verifies the stocking process.
- Includes physical movement of items as well as processing updates to inventory system.
- Inputs and retrieves data via SAP and ancillary systems.
- Handles and stores hazardous materials in accordance with established safety procedures.
- Picks, counts/weighs, packs, records, audits and processes inventory transactions.
- May train lower level clerks.
- Maintains a safe, orderly work area. May be required to communicate an awareness of general safety practices.
- Meets established standards of accuracy and quality.
- May operate forklifts and/or powered pallet trucks.
- High school graduate 2 to 3 years previous experience in material handling or other warehouse / distribution activity.
- Physical Requirements: Sustained physical effort. May require standing and lifting of objects of up to 50lbs.
- Heavier materials to be handled via power equipment.
- use / learn to use power equipment for movement of materials,
- use /learn to use warehouse operating system; and shipment processing systems, and
- process / learn to process hazardous material shipments in accordance with standards.
Duration: Requisition Start Date: 05/15/2020
Requisition End Date: 12/31/2020
- Location: Shelton, CT.
- Salary: $17hr.
- Shift: Shift – 2:30 to 11pm
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately!
Please include a clean copy of your resume and salary expectations and any references.