Lighthouse Professional Services, a division of Staffing 360 Solutions group of companies, has been providing contract and direct hire talent to client companies, ranging from small businesses to Fortune 500 corporations for over 50 years. Our offices are in New York, Connecticut, and Massachusetts, and we work with clients across the country. Our management and recruiting teams are led by experienced industry professionals. We invest in excellent working partnerships, powered by people.
We are currently seeking a 2 Material Operators to work for a client in Wallingford on a 6-month temp to hire role. We have 2 roles a night shift and a day shift opening.
This position has a lot of growth potential to become a Chemical Batching Operator and move up levels to an operator C and work on more complex chemical machines.
- Day shift is 7am - 7pm and works 3 days on 2 off
- Night shift is 7pm - 7am and works the same 3 days on 2 off
Position Summary and Special Duties:
Mechanical – Being aware of the basic mechanics involved with all the systems and equipment used in the plant/facility
Chemical – Knowledge of basic chemistry and its production application.
- Mechanical Aptitude – The ability to adeptly utilize the equipment. This includes forklifts, valves, vacuum systems, cooling/heating systems, pumps and various other items and systems
- Trainability – This skill demonstrated by how quickly and thoroughly procedures and equipment are learned
- Physical Skill – to be able to correctly lift/move heavy objects utilizing all the best ergonomic techniques
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Follow procedures for all product packaging
- Maintain organization of raw material and supply inventories
- Unload incoming raw material bulk shipments
- Move products and raw materials between production and warehousing areas
- Maintain communication with other plant personnel in regard to their job progress
- Maintain organization and neatness of plant yard
- In accordance with production schedule, supply heating shed with appropriate raw materials
- Monitor and handle hazardous waste containers in accordance with procedures
- Assist in manufacturing procedures
- Must successfully complete appropriate D.O.T. Hazmat training
- Participates in emergency response as defined in the program and training capability
- Must successfully complete RCRA training according to job function and the regulations
- Follows emergency response procedures
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Must remain clean shaven and be capable of wearing SCBA and other types of respirators
High School diploma or equivalency
Must be able to read and write English
Good math aptitude
Ability to read and follow manufacturing procedures
Duration: 6-month temp to hire. This is a temp to perm position.
Shift: Day shift 7am -7pm and Night shift 7pm - 7am.
Location: Wallingford, CT.
Salary: Hourly pay is $19hr while on 1st shift and $2 shift differential once on night shift.
Screening- full physical 10 tests performed, background check and drug test.
Please include a clean copy of your resume and salary expectations and any references.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately!