Shelton, United States
27 days ago
For almost 50 years, Lighthouse Professional Services has worked to provide full-service consulting and staffing partnerships to clients in Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, and the Carolinas. Our innovative solutions can reach all areas within your firm including: Administrative, Information Technology, Engineering, Finance, Clerical and Light Industrial.
Lighthouse Professional Services committed to the success of the companies, candidates and employees we serve. We invest in excellent working partnerships, powered by people.
We are currently seeking a Materials Supervisor in Trumbull, CT.
Position Summary and Special Duties:
As a (an) Materials Supervisor your day to day duties will consist of and may not be limited to:
We are currently seeking a Materials Supervisor to join our team.
The purpose of this position is to ensure smooth and efficient operation of the shipping, receiving and warehouse areas and will be responsible for coordinating the activities of employees engaged in material handling, shipping, storage, and transportation. Input and verify records of incoming and outgoing shipments as well as preparing items for shipment. These actions are a direct requirement of servicing customer sales orders and supporting factory production.
Essential Job Functions:
- Scheduling of inbound and outbound activities and directing work of assigned staff.
- Active participation of overseeing shipping and receiving activities to ensure the methods and rules are followed by the team as well as all shipping and receiving is done in an accurate and timely manner.
- Streamline and manage shipments
- Manage all documentation including advanced shipping notices, pick lists, packing slips, and bills of lading.
- Optimize process to ensure all goods are verified against shipping records – ensure deliveries, both in and out, match orders in quantity, quality and traceability.
- Responsible for the efficient flow and inventory of the warehouse.
- Conduct monthly and periodic physical inventories.
- 2-3 years of demonstrated shipping/receiving environment (e.g. barcoding)
- Knowledge of shipping procedures, routes, and rates is necessary.
- PC literate. Advanced computer skills utilizing Microsoft Office (Word and Excel).
- Made 2 Manage ERP System.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Duration: Direct Hire permanent
- Location: Shelton, CT.
- Salary: Open depending on skills and experience
- Benefits: Yes
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately!
Please include a clean copy of your resume and salary expectations and any references.
Submit resumes to: email@example.com