The Mechanical Engineer will work to design and characterize innovative medical devices, and assist with product testing and validation. The Mechanical Engineer will be responsible for various aspects of product development including mechanical design, materials procurement, feasibility hardware fabrication, and development and execution of characterization testing. Product validation activities will include test protocol development, participation in product testing, and test report preparation.
- Participate in the mechanical design and development of various medical devices.
- Generate solid models, drawings and specifications.
- Prepare and execute characterization and environmental tests to verify the design and performance of the devices.
- Generate process engineering documentation to insure proper transfer of product line into manufacturing
- Define and develop processes related to the design, analysis, test, manufacture, quality and productivity
- 3-6 years of product design/development
- Experience with solid modeling software such as Solid Works
- Experience in the medical device industry preferred.
- A working understanding of FDA QSR and ISO-13485 principles and demonstrated skill in integrating these into the engineering discipline.
- B.S. Degree in Mechanical Engineering required