Portland, United States
11 months ago
Lighthouse Professional Services, a division of Staffing 360 Solutions group of companies, has been providing contract and direct hire talent to client companies, ranging from small businesses to Fortune 500 corporations for over 50 years. Our offices are in New York, Connecticut, and Massachusetts, and we work with clients across the country. Our management and recruiting teams are led by experienced industry professionals. We invest in excellent working partnerships, powered by people.
Lighthouse Professional Services committed to the success of the companies, candidates and employees we serve. We invest in excellent working partnerships, powered by people.
We are currently seeking a Mechanical Engineer in Portland, CT.
Position Summary and Special Duties:
As a (an) your day to day duties will consist of and may not be limited to: Designing custome made high speed packaging machinery for the consumer product industries.
- A high-level position in the Engineering Department. May oversee the entire design process or serve as a technical expert. Assist in project management. Significant client contact.
- Adherence to budget and schedule constraints.
- Design, develop and support high speed packaging automation machinery for the food and beverage industry.
- Creatively solve application problems to enable customer’s products to run efficiently on Standard-Knapp automation solutions.
- Use solid modeling to create new and modified design solutions. Estimate the costs of design solutions.
- Work closely with Standard-Knapp manufacturing and purchasing to implement the solutions during the machine build and testing process.
- Work with customers to ensure that any problems are quickly corrected.
- Review Customer Specifications to ensure compliance.
Optimum Position Requirements:
- 5 to 10 years mechanical design experience.
- Strong computer skills (Autodesk Inventor, AutoCAD, and Avante MRP experience a plus)
- Knowledge of GD&T, Fixturing, Tolerance Stack-ups
- Knowledge of machine shop practices a plus
- Up to 10% travel may be required
- Some clients require proof that temporary associates have received all required doses of the COVID-19 vaccine by their first date of employment, unless a reasonable accommodation recognized by law is approved. To request an accommodation, please email email@example.com.
Duration: Direct Hire
Location: Portland, Ct
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately!
Please include a clean copy of your resume and salary expectations and any references.
Submit resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org