Mechanical Engineering Leader
- Create innovative new product designs from research, design concept to production, often clean sheet.
- Interface with customer to establish design requirements and product attributes.
- Drive concept ideation – white board / CAD / FEA.Establish overall system architecture, define and delegate subsystems to other teams.
- Interface with others in a multi-disciplinary team environment including electrical, software, industrial design, and controls as well as systems engineers, product managers and external vendors.
- Evaluate designs through simulation, prototype testing and requirement verification.
- Develop FMEAs, demonstrate design viability considering human factors, risk, reliability, manufacturability, serviceability, weight and cost.
- Transition concepts into products using 3D CAD Solid Modeling, defining requirements, selecting materials and processes, interacting with suppliers and manufacturers, and documenting the development process.
- Troubleshoot design failure modes to root cause and develop quick, effective solutions.
- Technical review and approval for all mechanical component and assembly designs, analysis, and testing.
- Lead a team of 4-5 personnel, CAD designers, engineers.
Needs for success:
- Mechanical Engineering Degree (or similar) from a 4-year institution
- Minimum 8 year’s experience in product design.
- Experience with small mechanism and plastic injection molded part design a plus.
- Hands-on experience with mechanical design tools and software (CAD, FEA, etc) and tolerance analysis.
- Fluids or Pumps are a big plus.