Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct first piece, in-process, and final inspections for quality and appearance, in accordance with customer/company specifications, following standard procedures.
- Perform standard inspections of machined/manufactured products having close to very close tolerances where items are somewhat diversified, requiring standard, straightforward set-ups of precision measuring instruments such as micrometers, verniers, surface tables, blocks, dial indicators, height gauges, etc.
- Perform more difficult inspections/set-ups under guidance of others.
- Conduct first piece, in process and final inspections made of the product and check drawings, prints of physical and other requirements and tolerances involved.
- Determine acceptance or rejection of inspected items.
- Notify production supervisor of rejections.
- Notify own supervisor of problems.
- Perform related duties of preparing tags and shipping papers on each order inspected.
- Maintain necessary records.
- Move materials as necessary in performance of duties.
- Detect and report improper operations, faulty equipment, defective materials, and unusual conditions to supervisor.
- Maintain work area and equipment in clean, safe, and orderly condition.
- Follow established company rules and regulations safety precautions and maintain quality standards.
- Perform other related duties as required or as directed.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Requires the use of mathematics together with the use of complicated drawings, specifications, and various types of precision measuring instruments.
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience in a machine shop environment conducting mechanical inspection.