Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform unusual, difficult, and highly diversified inspection duties involving the inspection of machine shop manufactured products having extremely close tolerances.
- Utilize all types of precision measuring instruments and special inspection equipment such as toolmaker microscopes. Surface tables, comparator, contour reader, analyzers etc., in order to make first piece, in process, and final inspection for quality and appearance in accordance with customer/company specifications, where only general methods are available.
- Perform difficult and exacting inspections of complicated, extremely close tolerance, machined parts.
- Plan inspection procedures and develop/devise inspection set-ups of surface block/table and related dial indicators, gauges, measuring devices, and special equipment such as toolmaker microscopes, comparator contour reader, analyzers, CMM programmable measuring equipment, involving determinations of true positions and geometric tolerances of dimensions.
- Responsible for determining acceptance or rejection of product notifying department supervisors and own supervisor of failures to meet customer specifications.
- Fill our shipping papers with each order.
- Notify supervisor of unusual problems.
- Maintain necessary records.
- Move materials as necessary in performance of duties.
- Maintain work area and equipment in clean, safe and orderly condition.
- Follow established company rules and regulations, safety precautions and maintain quality standards.
- Perform other related duties as required or as directed.
Minimum 5 years’ experience in a machine shop environment conducting mechanical inspection.