Watsonville, United States
4 months ago
For almost 50 years, Lighthouse Professional Services has worked to provide full-service consulting and staffing partnerships to clients in Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, and the Carolinas. Our innovative solutions can reach all areas within your firm including: Administrative, Information Technology, Engineering, Finance, Clerical and Light Industrial.
Lighthouse Professional Services committed to the success of the companies, candidates and employees we serve. We invest in excellent working partnerships, powered by people.
We are currently seeking a Mill Machine Specialist in Watsonville, CA.
Position Summary and Special Duties:
As a (an) Mill Machine Specialistyour day to day duties will consist of and may not be limited to:
Under general supervision the Machine Specialist performs essential duties to ensure that parts are machined to the specifications detailed the engineering prints and other related documents. Candidate may also work closely with the Engineering and Assembly to provide in-process trouble-shooting and evaluate the quality of the machined components or finished product
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Review set up sheets and specifications to determine setup procedure, machining sequence and dimensions. Reads complex blueprints, bill of materials, and other specifications to determine product requirements.
- Assemble cutting tools in tool holders and position in machine spindles as specified using hand tools or insert cutting tools.
- Selects fixtures, part holding, and tooling to machine parts as necessary.
- Adjust machine speeds and feeds and change cutters to machine parts according to specifications.
- Confirms conformance of finished work to specifications, using measuring instruments such as micrometers, calipers, dial indicators and gages.
- Identifies workmanship and material defects and deficiencies and initiates program changes when required.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Position will require overtime, weekend and holidays, as needed.
- Must have Fadal and Hass control experience.
- Demonstrated ability to setup a machine and run the job with minimal supervision.
- Basic math and computing knowledge, to include word processing, and email
- Knowledge of general safety procedures
- Knowledge of G,D&T
- Ability to meet production requirements as specified
- High School Diploma/GED and two years of CNC manufacturing experience OR two-year technical degree.
- Duration: Direct Hire Permanent
- Location: Watsonville, CA
- Salary: $31hr. + ^
- Benefits: Yes
- Shift: 1st shift
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately!
Please include a clean copy of your resume and salary expectations and any references.