about 1 year ago
Lighthouse Professional Services, a division of Staffing 360 Solutions group of companies, has been providing contract and direct hire talent to client companies, ranging from small businesses to Fortune 500 corporations for over 50 years. Our offices are in New York, Connecticut, and Massachusetts, and we work with clients across the country. Our management and recruiting teams are led by experienced industry professionals. We invest in excellent working partnerships, powered by people.
We are currently seeking a NC Machinist in East Granby, CT.
Position Summary and Special Duties:
As a (an) NC Machinist your day to day duties will consist of and may not be limited to:
- Perform complex set ups, edits and operate established and NPI jobs with minimal supervision ensuring parts conform to specifications and requirements. Make modifications or adjustments as necessary.
- Verify dimensions using standard measuring instruments, such as micrometers, depth gage, height gage, and vernier
- Read and interpret blueprints and operations sheets.
- Familiar with Lean practices, 6S, and contributing to a continuous improvement environment.
- Follow all safety requirements regarding machine operation including proper guarding.
- Work flexible hours and overtime to meet customer deadlines and commitments.
- Meet customer production scheduling requirements.
- Work with engineering department regarding material conditions, best positioning of part, tool pressure, etc. as required.
- Detect faulty operations and materials and report these along with other problems to immediate supervisor.
- Maintain good housekeeping practices on machines and in work area. Comply with all company and safety rules and regulations. Wear necessary personal protective equipment as required.
- Provide training to others as required.
- 5 years of experience machining in an aerospace environment.
- 10 or more years of experience setting up and operating NC Milling Machines
- Needs to be familiar with Fanuc controls; willing to cross train on various operations/equipment.
- Strong mathematical skills and knowledge of GD&T.
- Familiar with Statistical Process Control (SPC).
- Willing to learn basic CNC Programming.
- Excellent communication skills and problem-solving ability with demonstrated ability to work collaboratively to solve complex issues.
- Able to utilize Microsoft Excel and Word.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
This position is a safety sensitive position. Applicant must comply with all applicable FAA and DOT drug and alcohol testing rules.
Duration: Direct Hire
Location: East Granby, CT.
Salary: Depending on experience $30-35hr. 12% shift differential on top of base pay.
Benefits: Full plus bonus.
Shift: 2nd Shift 3-11pm.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately!
Please include a clean copy of your resume and salary expectations and any references.