Natick, United States
9 months ago
NPI Test Technician
This position is responsible for supporting all aspects of production within the NPI area. This includes assembly, test, packaging, inventory control, and any other tasks required to meet production targets.
- Insure that all applicable processes and procedures are followed during assembly and test.
- Identify & escalate all issues impacting NPI production and work with the responsible parties until a resolution is implemented.
- Perform/coordinate “engineering experiments” necessary to root cause product/process issues, qualify new parts or process/test changes, and/or support vendor qualification activity.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- High energy, self-motivated individual capable of performing assembly & test functions on complex electro-mechanical assemblies.
- Must have outstanding manual dexterity and attention to detail.
- Excellent communication, organizational, and analytical skills are required.
- Thorough understanding of production IDs/work orders and ability to maintain accurate inventory control during all phases of activity.
- Ability to read/understand complex assembly documentation.
- Ability to identify and communicate opportunities to maximize production efficiency, insure process control and suggest product/process improvements.
Minimum education and work experience required:
- 3- 5 years’ experience assembling complex electro-mechanical assemblies with experience in a New Product Introduction environment preferred