Office & Events Coordinator
6 months ago
Lighthouse Professional Services, a division of Staffing 360 Solutions group of companies, has been providing contract and direct hire talent to client companies, ranging from small businesses to Fortune 500 corporations for over 50 years. Our offices are in New York, Connecticut, and Massachusetts, and we work with clients across the country. Our management and recruiting teams are led by experienced industry professionals. We invest in excellent working partnerships, powered by people.
We are currently seeking an Office & Events Coordinator in the North Branford, CT. area.
Position Summary and Special Duties:
As a (an) Office & Events Coordinator your day-to-day duties will consist of and may not be limited to: This position’s focus is to provide support to ensure the efficient and smooth operation of the organization, as well as manage all aspects of all US tradeshows and other events. The successful candidate must have the ability to work independently on projects, from conception to completion. Responsibility for events includes logistical planning of larger tradeshows, as well as smaller sponsorships and meetings. To perform effectively, extraordinary organizational, communication, and diplomacy skills are a necessity.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Complete a variety of administrative tasks to support the efficient operation of the organization
- Manage company credit card program, including requests for new cards, records maintenance, monitoring credit limits, etc.
- Manage company car fleet, car insurance issues and insurance claims, car assignments, registrations. Oversee car maintenance program.
- Manage rental car and EZ Pass programs
- Maintain sufficient inventory for office supplies, break room, janitorial supplies, etc., reordering as necessary
- Pick up mail from Post Office, sort, check repetitive invoices, and distribute mail.
- Monitor company generic mailbox and redirect emails to appropriate individuals within the organization
- Manage assignment/record maintenance of various keys used on premises, including keys to fleet cars
- Participate in meetings with the General Manager, as needed.
- Communicate with German parent company
- Other duties may be assigned, as needed.
- Events Coordinator
- Planning for trade show participation, including planning and coordinating all logistics and deliverables for shows, specifically space selection, housing, and staff registration, service orders and shipping and receiving of exhibit materials
- Manage customer giveaways (SWAG), show materials (pop-up booth, table throws, and show cases)
- Collaborate with external vendors and internal personnel to source and schedule services, including installation and dismantle of exhibits, electrical, insurance and booth furnishings
- Work with German headquarters and sales team to determine which products are to be exhibited in the booth, source, and coordinate shipment of the products
- Coordinate booth and travel schedules for our US team members attending larger shows and events
- Attend the larger shows to supervise set-up and tear-down.
- Manage the inventory of all trade show marketing assets and strategize to ensure availability of marketing assets for future shows
- Pack and ship trade show properties to shows, meeting all deadlines
- Assist with company lunches, annual parties, and picnics
- Other duties may be assigned, as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven organizational and time/project management skills
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Negotiating skills
- Proficient in use of office equipment
- Excellent computer skills and have an aptitude to learn new computer applications.
- At least 5 years of successful experience in a similar position, supported by excellent references
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This is a full-time, non-exempt position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 pm and 12:30 pm to 4:30 p.m. Overtime may be required, as needed.
Ability up to 10% of time
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's degree is a plus, or a minimum of 5+ years’ experience in a similar role
- Duration: Direct hire
- Location: North Branford, CT.
- Salary: Depending on experience
- Benefits: Full Benefits
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately!
Please include a clean copy of your resume and salary expectations and any references.