Glastonbury, United States
6 months ago
Lighthouse Professional Services, a division of Staffing 360 Solutions group of companies, has been providing contract and direct hire talent to client companies, ranging from small businesses to Fortune 500 corporations for over 50 years. Our offices are in New York, Connecticut, and Massachusetts, and we work with clients across the country. Our management and recruiting teams are led by experienced industry professionals. We invest in excellent working partnerships, powered by people.
We are currently seeking an Operations Manager. in Glastonbury, CT.
Position Summary and Special Duties:
As a (an) Operations Manager your day-to-day duties will consist of and may not be limited to:
A manufacturer of complex small, machined components in the Aerospace and Power Generation industries and has been in business for over fifty years. The qualified candidate will report directly to the Vice President and will be responsible for all aspects of Manufacturing.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Technical or Engineering discipline preferred.
- 7+ years of strong leadership experience in a medium size manufacturing environment
- Strong Lean Manufacturing experience
- Intimate knowledge of budgeting and KPIs
- Problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Proven skills in change management, building a team, process improvements including driving safety, quality, delivery, and cost improvements.
- Must have excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills and be able to read, write, and speak English fluently.
- Must have a high sense of urgency and the ability to meet schedule requirements in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
- Lead and manage all aspects of the Production floor, including development and implementation of robust processes, execution to schedules, equipment layout, and production flow.
- Coordinate Engineering responsibilities and assignments and support the team as needed.
- Lead the development and execution of manufacturing processes for safety, quality, delivery, and cost initiatives for the company.
- Assisting production leads in analyzing, resolving, and solving challenges and opportunities
- Present daily requirements and KPI updates to employees on 2 shifts in floor meetings
- Think and act analytically to achieve effective solutions with exceptional attention to detail and the ability to solve practical job-related problems.
- Provide strong leadership skills to motivate a diverse workforce.
- Driving continuous improvement and customer satisfaction
- Measuring safety, quality, delivery, and cost performance
- Identifying and implementing measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product.
- Candidate has a strong background and proficient use of common Lean methodologies such as Root Cause Corrective Action, Countermeasures, Five Whys, KPIs, and Flow
- Ability to coach, motivate, and lead a diverse team.
- Strong presentation skills
- Employment type: Full time
- Compensation: Based on experience
Benefits: Medical, Dental, vacation, 401k
- Duration: Direct hire.
- Location: Glastonbury, CT.
- Salary: open
- Benefits: yes
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately!
Please include a clean copy of your resume and salary expectations and any references.