Shelton, United States
about 1 year ago
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Process weekly and bi-weekly payroll for over 850 employees in ADP Workforce Now
- Works to ensure company is in compliance with all application federal, state and local payroll laws
- Production of payroll reports using ADP reporting tools
- Process year-end reports, including W-2
- Reviews and monitors all payroll processing to ensure accuracy, timeliness and compliance
- Performs and reviews payroll reconciliations
- Understanding of State-mandated laws pertaining to Separations, Garnishments and Unemployment
- Process manual checks as needed
- Interface with Human Resources on all related Payroll processes
- Maintain employee confidentiality and protect payroll operations by keeping all private information confidential
- Acts as a subject matter expert for payroll related questions, including those pertaining to ADP
- Responsible for submission of monthly union dues payments to the 3 local Unions
- Balance quarterly 941’s to payroll
- Submission of Employer/ Employee tax’s for 3rd Party Sick Pay payments
- Submit SERP Reports to 3rd party each pay period
- Monthly and quarterly reports to various local, state and government agencies
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE and QUALIFCIATIONS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Accounting or other Related field
- CPP (Certified Payroll Professional) is a plus but not required
- 3+ years of payroll experience.
- Previous verifiable experience with processing payroll for multiple states
- Full understanding of all payroll-related tax laws
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, Outlook etc)
- Ability to deal with sensitive and confidential information
- Must be flexible and able to work well with management.
- Must have appreciation of HR impact of Payroll processes.
- Strong communications capabilities both verbal and written.
- Strong Customer Service orientation.
- Self-motivated with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task is required