Newburyport, United States
over 2 years ago
Main Job Duties:
- Reviewing employee time worked, and any other pay, as well as deductions from pay. Verifies all employee deductions for each payroll including for taxes, benefits and others.
- Working with supervisors to resolve discrepancies in terms of in and out punches, authorized overtime, shift differentials, or reasons for absences, either paid or unpaid.
- Auditing payroll register to ensure changes were made and payroll is accurate before it is final.
- Interpreting company policies and government regulations affecting payroll procedures.
- Preparing government reports.
- Receiving and processing child support deductions, garnishments and tax liens in accordance with taxing
- authority guidance.
- Preparing manual payroll checks as required for payroll errors and or terminations.
- Resolving issues related to payroll tax payments and ensures all filings are accurately represented by the tax service provider.
- Reconciling monthly health, dental, disability and life insurance bills to the payroll deductions and approves them for payment.
- Preparing payroll related journal entries.
- Reviewing unemployment contribution rate changes.
- Preparing supporting documentation for annual workers compensation audit and acts as primary contact for external auditor.
- Analyzing payroll related accrual accounts and wage and benefit spending.
- High school diploma or GED
- Must have working knowledge of ADP Workforce Now