Windsor, United States
about 2 months ago
Lighthouse Professional Services, a division of Staffing 360 Solutions group of companies, has been providing contract and direct hire talent to client companies, ranging from small businesses to Fortune 500 corporations for over 50 years. Our offices are in New York, Connecticut, and Massachusetts, and we work with clients across the country. Our management and recruiting teams are led by experienced industry professionals. We invest in excellent working partnerships, powered by people.
We are currently seeking a Plasma Sprayer in Windsor, CT. As a Plasma Sprayer, your day-to-day duties will consist of and may not be limited to:
- Perform diversified duties to apply plasma spray, masking, and spray other coatings to aircraft parts as well as cross train to learn and perform additional functions. This position requires experience, initiative and ingenuity and the ability to work independently to produce the highest level of quality and productivity against established standards. You will work constructively with Engineering, participate in company meetings, and make effective recommendations towards improvements in processes and overall productivity. If you are a talented and self-motivated individual that enjoys a fast paced environment, please submit your resume for further consideration.
- Perform a variety of duties to plan, set up, and spray parts to meet production requirements. Mask and/or grit blast part to prepare for coating. Use judgment in determining proper flow and speed of spray for the best results and compliance with all specifications.
- Assist management in reviewing production schedules and estimating labor hours required for completion of job assignments.
- Interpret work orders, engine manuals, and blueprints to determine information such as type of operations, and sequence of operations required.
- Work with Engineering to develop plasma spray programs, determine new methods, develop parameters, and determine material type for new or modified products. Assist with new tooling ideas.
- Provide direction to other workers where modifications and adjustments are required to meet specifications and ensure quality treatment.
- Ensure use of proper fixtures and tools; maintain adequate inventory levels of material to meet production goals. Requisition materials and tooling as required.
- Obtain laboratory approval of new sprays and processes, as required. Follow established procedures and parameters to meet customer requirements.
- Ensure regular maintenance of equipment, such as rebuilding guns and changing contact tubes.
- Monitor and inspect work in progress to ensure acceptable operational standards are maintained and that product meets all specifications and requirements. Oversee booth inspection processes.
- Detect faulty operations and materials and report these and other problems to immediate supervisor. Comply with all company and safety rules and regulations
- In addition to plasma spray duties, cross training will be required to learn and perform other duties as necessary.
- Provide training to others as required.
- 3+ years’ experience plasma spraying; aerospace environment preferred.
- Knowledge/Practical use and programming abilities of Robotic Plasma Gun (Sulzer Metco Multi Coat Sprayer System and ABB 2400 Series Robot).
- Good mathematical skills
- Ability to read and interpret complex blueprints and technical documents
- Skills Desired: strong attention to detail, ability to multitask, good communications skills
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Duration: Temp to permanent
- Location: Windsor, CT.
- 1st shift 6:30am – 3:00pm
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately!
Please include a clean copy of your resume, salary expectations, and any references.
Submit resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org