Nashua, United States
over 1 year ago
PRINCIPAL OPTICAL ENGINEER
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performing system level analysis to ensure optical systems meet customer requirements.
- Designing zoom and fixed focus lens systems for various wavelength bands including Visible, NIR, MWIR, and LWIR using ZEMAX.
- Performing stray light analysis using FRED.
- Performing optical testing, including interferometric and MTF testing.
- Assembling optical imaging systems.
- Laying out and constructing optical test beds.
- Reading design drawings, identifying and selecting suppliers.
- Examining and evaluating incoming parts.
- 10 to 15 years of experience in optical design.
- MS in Optics or equivalent. Appropriate work experience will be accepted in lieu of an advanced degree.
- Working knowledge of components, component failure modes, MIL Specs, and MIL Standards.