For almost 50 years, Lighthouse Professional Services has worked to provide full-service consulting and staffing partnerships to clients in Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, and the Carolinas. Our innovative solutions can reach all areas within your firm including: Administrative, Information Technology, Engineering, Finance, Clerical and Light Industrial.
Lighthouse Professional Services committed to the success of the companies, candidates and employees we serve. We invest in excellent working partnerships, powered by people.
We are currently seeking a Process Engineer in Enfield, CT.
Position Summary and Special Duties:
As a (an) Process Engineer your day to day duties will consist of and may not be limited to:
Plans and designs manufacturing processes throughout the plant. This position maximizes efficiency by analyzing all aspects of manufacturing processes. Determines parts and tools needed to achieve product specifications and business objectives.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Under general direction, performs the management of projects related to aerospace component engineering and manufacturing for new and existing parts and assemblies. Establishes manufacturing methods and process sequence necessary to complete parts. Creates models, operation sheets and work instructions using Solidworks software. Initiates Tool & Fixture design concepts and maintains close feedback with other shop floor personnel, management and related customers and vendors. Troubleshoots manufacturing problems and implements method and tool improvements. Writes rework and repair methods for non-conformances and prepares projects timelines. Participates in discussions with customers and suppliers as required. Performs additional duties as requested, including cost estimating.
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Reads and interprets blueprints, symbols and geometric tolerances based on military and commercial specifications.
- Able to process complex assemblies and conceptualize developmental and production tooling in a job shop environment.
- Proficient with the following software applications: Solidworks (or equivalent), MS Project / Word / Excel.
- Able to create Solid models, operations sheets, Tool and Fixture designs.
- Familiarity with specifications and requirements for aerospace component manufacturing that includes having knowledge of aerospace coatings, heat treatment, and machining specifications.
- Strong math background including trigonometry and geometry.
- Able to research, understand and implement new technologies for possible cost savings and process improvements.
- Good verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work well with others in a team-based environment.
- Able to perform hands-on shop work.
Proficient in project management.
Education & Experience Required:
- High School Diploma or equivalent and 3-5 years experience in an aerospace manufacturing environment.
- Prior experience to range from engineering to expediting on shop floor utilizing detailed team input for instruction/directions.
AS/BS in Engineering Science is advantageous
- Duration: Permanent direct hire.
- Location: Enfield, CT.
- Salary: 100K
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately!
Please include a clean copy of your resume and salary expectations and any references.
Submit resumes to: email@example.com