East Hartford, United States
almost 3 years ago
For almost 50 years, Lighthouse Professional Services has worked to provide full-service consulting and staffing partnerships to clients in Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, and the Carolinas. Our innovative solutions can reach all areas within your firm including: Administrative, Information Technology, Engineering, Finance, Clerical and Light Industrial.
Lighthouse Professional Services committed to the success of the companies, candidates and employees we serve. We invest in excellent working partnerships, powered by people.
We are currently seeking a Process Engineer in East Hartford, CT.
Position Summary and Special Duties:
As a (an) Process Engineer your day to day duties will consist of and may not be limited to:
We are seeking to add an experienced Process Engineer to our team. In this role, you will develop and improve our manufacturing processes.
- Develop sequence of operations and work instructions for manufacturing processes (i.e. turning, Swiss screw machining, milling, grinding, thread rolling, assembly, and secondary operations).
- Create Bill of Materials (BOM) and Methods of Manufacture (MOM) work travelers and job routings.
- Recommend process procedures and modifications to improve production efficiencies, manufacturing techniques and production yields for new and repeat parts.
- Research supplier costs for raw material and special process (heat treatment, coatings, testing, etc.), using customer approved suppliers.
- Utilize knowledge of various machines, engineering practices, materials and CNC machining processes to develop operation sheets.
- Develop manufacturing processes that are applicable to best manufacturing practices and developing those techniques.
- Estimate manufacturing costs, evaluating time standards, and make recommendations for process improvements.
- Cost estimating for new products and services.
- Troubleshoot manufacturing process issues.
- Job cost analysis.
- Need to keep abreast of the latest manufacturing techniques.
- Assist other functions as needed.
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience.
- 3-5 years of manufacturing experience in a precision machining environment.
- Strong organizational, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient PC skills including Excel and Outlook.
- Experience with ERP (e.g Epicor) manufacturing software is a plus.
- Must have a solid understanding of basic machining practices such as turning and milling.
- Must be able to analyze data and make decision regarding manufacturing processes.
- Participate in lean enterprise improvement activities.
- CAD (e.g Solidworks) skills are a plus.
- Duration: Direct hire with full benefits.
- Location: East Hartford, CT.
- Salary: depending on experience
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately!
Please include a clean copy of your resume and salary expectations and any references.
Submit resumes to: email@example.com