Bethel, United States
almost 2 years ago
For almost 50 years, Lighthouse Professional Services has worked to provide full-service consulting and staffing partnerships to clients in Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, and the Carolinas. Our innovative solutions can reach all areas within your firm including: Administrative, Information Technology, Engineering, Finance, Clerical and Light Industrial.
Lighthouse Professional Services committed to the success of the companies, candidates and employees we serve. We invest in excellent working partnerships, powered by people.
We are currently seeking a Process Engineer in Bethel, CT.
Position Summary and Special Duties:
As a (an) Process Engineer your day to day duties will consist of and may not be limited to:
GENERAL PURPOSE of the position:
The qualified individual will directly support Memry Engineering and Manufacturing operations by way of tool and fixture design, process development and continuous improvement activities. The Process Engineer will also work to identify new and innovative manufacturing technologies to keep Memry at the forefront of the industry.
- This position entails tooling and fixture design, process development, and production support
- Optimize NC programs and tooling to increase throughput and efficiency
- Identify, investigate and implement new technologies for the manufacturing of Nitinol components
- Identify potential process improvements and effectively present findings/proposals to Management
- Establish appropriate preventative maintenance plans
- Serve as a leader and mentor in order to foster a culture of best Engineering practices
- Design robust, cost effective tools / processes
- Troubleshoot problems and define preventative and corrective actions
- Generate system documentation including creation of prints, procedures, validation protocols/reports, work instructions, process control documents and other documentation as necessary in conjunction with applicable team members
- Work closely with the Component and Manufacturing Engineering groups to release components from the development stages to mass manufacturing with appropriate process controls in place
Adhere to company procedures / quality standards and ensure compliance to customer specifications and applicable external regulations (ex: OSHA, FDA)
- BS or MS in Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering
- Strong working knowledge of CNC manufacturing processes such as Milling, Wire EDM, and Grinding
- Must be a hands-on Engineer with strong mechanical aptitude
- Must be capable of working in a dynamic environment, well organized and self-motivated
- Must possess strong project management, analytical, and communication skills
- Must be proficient with MS Office and CAD solid modeling (preferably SolidWorks)
- CAM programming experience is a plus (Esprit, Gibbscam, Fusion360, Mastercam)
- Must be able to work effectively without supervision
- Must possess general metallurgy knowledge and/or knowledge of NiTi properties and how processing changes these properties
Experience working in ISO-9001/13485 or similar environment
- Duration: Direct Hire
- Location: Bethel, CT
- Salary: 90K
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately!
Please include a clean copy of your resume and salary expectations and any references.