Holyoke, United States
3 months ago
Lighthouse Professional Services, a division of Staffing 360 Solutions group of companies, has been providing contract and direct hire talent to client companies, ranging from small businesses to Fortune 500 corporations for over 50 years. Our offices are in New York, Connecticut, and Massachusetts, and we work with clients across the country. Our management and recruiting teams are led by experienced industry professionals. We invest in excellent working partnerships, powered by people.
We are currently seeking a Process Engineer in Holyoke, MA.
Position Summary and Special Duties:
As a (an) Process Engineer your day-to-day duties will consist of and may not be limited to:
The duties of this position include a wide variety of responsibilities and authorities in the area of process engineering and process integrity. This position must be able to be proficient in solid modeling and drafting in CAD using NX-UniGraphics and Solidworks. This position assists in establishing and verifying the manufacturing process for production parts and assemblies. The result of the process engineering work is specific and complete instructions to all departments and suppliers via operation sheets, process control records (PCR) and routings in regard to the use of material, tooling, fixtures, gages, machinery and processes. At this planning stage, close cooperation and good communication with manufacturing, quality control and production control are necessary to prevent quality problems and scheduling difficulties and to assure an efficient and smooth process flow.
- Establish processes, using information from quoting and the process review meetings, to create routings in Visual Manufacturing through
- Part maintenance, material specification and engineering masters.
- Design and make drawings for production parts, assemblies, tooling, gages and fixtures for manufacturing and inspection.
- Check and approve operation sheets, PCR sheets and tooling drawings.
- Model and draft (as required) operation sheets and tooling drawings.
- Research deviations from planned process (trouble shooting on shop floor) and recommend and/or incorporate corrective actions.
- Review and incorporate changes from manufacturing and quality control.
- Assisting in preparing estimates for Job Proposals requested by our customers.
- Assist in establishing and implementing in-process Inspection planning.
- Work with customers and suppliers, as required, to resolve issues and establish processes.
- Review established processes with manufacturing and quality control to reduce required in-process inspection, while ensuring the quality of the process including support and active participation in the New Product Development Cycle. Work with Quality Engineers and Inspectors to develop efficient and effective quality plans.
- Support Statistical Process Control (SPC) preparation and implementation and work closely with Quality and Manufacturing personnel to analyze and improve its effectiveness.
- Support and assist in Tool Mapping and other process control methods.
- Perform certain other related work and other initiatives based on requests from your immediate supervisor.
- Actively participate in the certification and audit process of ISO 13485 and AS 9100.
This position affects the quality of our products. It researches deviations from planned process (trouble shooting on shop floor) and determines cause. It has the responsibility and authority to initiate action to prevent the occurrence of any nonconformity relating to product, process, and quality system. It is to initiate, recommend, or provide solutions. It is to control further processing and delivery of non-conforming product until a deficiency or unsatisfactory condition has been corrected.
The overall objective of this position is to be a dynamic participant in achieving the company's goal to manufacture profitably quality products and deliver them on time to our customers.
Duration: Direct Hire
Location: Holyoke, MA.
Salary: Depending on experience
Benefits: Full Benefits.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately!
Please include a clean copy of your resume and salary expectations and any references.