Bethel, United States
almost 2 years ago
For almost 50 years, Lighthouse Professional Services has worked to provide full-service consulting and staffing partnerships to clients in Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, and the Carolinas. Our innovative solutions can reach all areas within your firm including: Administrative, Information Technology, Engineering, Finance, Clerical and Light Industrial.
Lighthouse Professional Services committed to the success of the companies, candidates and employees we serve. We invest in excellent working partnerships, powered by people.
We are currently seeking a Product Development Engineer in Bethel, CT.
Position Summary and Special Duties:
As a (an) Product Development Engineer your day to day duties will consist of and may not be limited to:
The qualified individual will act as a project manager, interfacing directly with customers along with Memry sales and marketing staff to bring component based products from concept to production
- This position entails quoting, product development, tooling and fixture design, process development, supplier selection/management, product testing, and documentation generation.
- Must possess strong project management, analytical, and communication skills along with an aptitude for hands on problem solving.
- Establish costs for new products and evaluate how changes affect costs.
- Provide guidance to customers as necessary and appropriate.
- Design robust, cost effective tools / processes and oversee prototype fabrication.
- Troubleshoot problems and define preventative and corrective actions.
- Generate system documentation including creation of prints, procedures, inspection protocols, work instructions, process control documents (Flow Chart, Control Plan, pFMEA, FAI, PPAP, etc...), and other documentation as necessary in conjunction with applicable team members.
- Effectively present findings or oral arguments to customers and / or management when necessary.
- Adhere to company procedures / quality standards and ensure compliance to customer specifications and applicable external regulations (ex: OSHA, FDA).
- Work closely with the manufacturing engineering group to release components from the development stages to mass manufacturing.
Work with Operations, Quality, Model Shop, Customer Service, and Logistics departments to produce products at the highest quality level in a timely manner.
- BS or MS in Mechanical Engineering with 5 years related experience, capable of working in a dynamic environment, well organized and self-motivated.
- Must be proficient with MS Office and CAD solid modeling (preferably SolidWorks).
- Must be able to work effectively with minimal supervision.
- General Metallurgy knowledge and/or knowledge of NiTi properties and how processing changes these properties a plus.
- Experience with Process Controls: Control Plan, pFMEA, DOE, MSA, Problem solving, etc. -----Experience working in ISO-9001/13485 or similar environment
- Duration: Direct Hire- Permanent
- Location: Bethel, CT.
- Salary: Depending on experience
- Benefits: Yes
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately!
Please include a clean copy of your resume and salary expectations and any references.