Danvers, United States
about 1 month ago
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Control manufacturing processes while reducing defects and enhancing productivity and product quality;
- Use lean and six sigma tools to analyze process trend data and communicate issues using a data-driven approach;
- Identify opportunities for process and yield improvement projects;
- Anticipate potential issues before they arise by relying on prior experience and new industry knowledge;
- Qualify and optimize processes and tooling via iq/oq/pq, gage r&r studies, process capability studies, and designs of experiments;
- Work collaboratively with peers on areas of engineering expertise while acting as an agent of change focused on improving technical skills and system knowledge;
- Develop and maintain process documentation, including assembly procedures, test procedures, routers, travelers, boms, process flows, and process fmeas;
- Participate in the investigation of non-conforming product and implement action plans for all internal corrective actions and audit findings.
- Develop data systems for defect tracking and operator analysis, for process improvements resulting in yield improvement.
- Conduct root cause investigations that include product teardowns, x-ray or ct-scan analysis using advanced vision systems.
- Apply working knowledge of dispensing processes with adhesives that are critical to component assembly; and
- Apply understanding of general properties of adhesives, such as, loctite, epo-tek, etc. which are critical to dispensability of the material.
Typically requires a Bachelor’s degree; an advanced degree an added bonus.
Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or related discipline.