Enfield, United States
15 days ago
Lighthouse Professional Services, a division of Staffing 360 Solutions group of companies, has been providing contract and direct hire talent to client companies, ranging from small businesses to Fortune 500 corporations for over 50 years. Our offices are in New York, Connecticut, and Massachusetts, and we work with clients across the country. Our management and recruiting teams are led by experienced industry professionals. We invest in excellent working partnerships, powered by people.
We are currently seeking a Production Planner in Enfield, CT. As a Production Planner your day-to-day duties will consist of and may not be limited to:
- Perform and make sound decisions on each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Other duties that fall within the skill requirements of the job may be assigned.
- Responsible for the overall production planning process of the assigned product group(s).
- Maintaining the Master Production Schedule (Demand planning)
- Initiate and maintain the Material Requirement Planning (MRP) system to ensure the timely release of material to support an efficient build process.
- Planning of all production processes to meet production dates.
- Generating, releasing, and processing of work orders.
- Providing and maintaining the Routing Papers (in paper and/or electronically) for all production processes.
- Communicate accurate requirements to the Purchasing Department.
- Must have experience with Engineering Change Order (ECO) disposition and production implementation, incl. maintaining expiration and effective dates of part revisions and their disposition.
- Determines and maintains stock levels for manufactured parts based of historical usage and forecast analysis.
- Determines and maintains optimized production lot sizes based on optimal capacity utilization and desired stock levels and ensures accuracy of production lead times for manufactured parts.
- Supports in inventory management, incl. bin location setup, Kanban setup, physical inventory, warehousing, and goods receipt (if needed)
- Enforces, cooperates with, and complies with all company inventory control policies, procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Observance and compliance to applicable corporate standards in Eppendorf's Quality Management System required as well.
- Two-year (Associates) technical/engineering college degree or certificate
- Three to four years’ related experience and/or training; or
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have detailed knowledge of:
- Multi-level bills of material and their function
- Multi-level work orders incl. outside processing
- Advanced software skills in ERP systems required, preferably in LN-Infor version 5 (or higher) and SAP R/4 (or higher)
- Must have advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel (e.g., pivot tables, VLOOKUP function, etc.).
- Proven Production Planning qualifications (e.g., APICS CPIM designation) would be a significant plus.
Duration: Direct Hire
Location: Enfield, CT
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately!
Please include a clean copy of your resume and salary expectations and any references.