Wallingford, United States
11 months ago
Lighthouse Professional Services, a division of Staffing 360 Solutions group of companies, has been providing contract and direct hire talent to client companies, ranging from small businesses to Fortune 500 corporations for over 50 years. Our offices are in New York, Connecticut, and Massachusetts, and we work with clients across the country. Our management and recruiting teams are led by experienced industry professionals. We invest in excellent working partnerships, powered by people.
Lighthouse Professional Services committed to the success of the companies, candidates, and employees we serve. We invest in excellent working partnerships, powered by people.
We are currently seeking a Production Planner opening in Wallingford, CT.
Position Summary and Special Duties:
As a (an) your day-to-day duties will consist of and may not be limited to:
Are you interested in generating and maintaining detailed production plans for locally and remotely manufactured items? We are looking for a service oriented, self-directed, and pro-active Production Planner to join our team in the world leading industrial coating resins company. You will be responsible for planning and call off for purchased materials (resale items and raw materials) and packaging.
- Follow regional stocking policies, ensuring alignment with current business rules and working with PLM(s) and Planning lead to insure alignment with overall business targets
- Work with site production teams to generate a production schedule
- Control and execute the distribution replenishment planning
- Optimize working capital by balancing inventory, service levels and cost
- Ensure completion of transactional process of material requirements through the MRP process
- Utilization of the SCAR (Supplier Corrective Action Request) system to document any discrepancy from agreed delivery terms
- Coordinate with Procurement to identify an alternative supplier when a defined contract or purchase agreement cannot be met
- Be the first point of contact for supplier; Coordinate that all labeling and marking requirements and deliveries are meet
- Respond and follow up any goods receipt’s discrepancies for Shared Services – Accounts Payable
- Identify and review regional inventory optimization opportunities and slow-moving inventory
Required skills and experience:
- Relevant work experience
- Good understanding of MRP and order management processes
- Good communication and listening skills
- Flexible, adjust readily to new situations while effectively dealing with ambiguity, stress, and uncertainty
- Demonstrates a learning approach towards continuous improvement
Some clients require proof that temporary associates have received all required doses of the COVID-19 vaccine by their first date of employment, unless a reasonable accommodation recognized by law is approved. To request an accommodation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Associates degree preferred
We are proud to offer an international working experience with a tight-knit network of employees, making it easy to connect and learn from people all across our different functions. On top of that we are a truly innovative company with a strong team spirit, openness to new ideas, and great opportunities to grow and develop your career.
- Duration: Direct Hire
- Location: Wallingford, CT
- Benefits: Yes
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately!
Please include a clean copy of your resume and salary expectations and any references.