Newington, United States
27 days ago
Lighthouse Professional Services, a division of Staffing 360 Solutions group of companies, has been providing contract and direct hire talent to client companies, ranging from small businesses to Fortune 500 corporations for over 50 years. Our offices are in New York, Connecticut, and Massachusetts, and we work with clients across the country. Our management and recruiting teams are led by experienced industry professionals. We invest in excellent working partnerships, powered by people.
We are currently seeking a Production Planner in Newington, CT.
Position Summary and Special Duties:
As a (an) Production Planner your day-to-day duties will consist of and may not be limited to:
Planner will be responsible for the planning and scheduling of raw materials, jobs & operations (in house and outside) within an ERP environment and on the shop floor. This role will be responsible for ERP data integrity as well as the flow of the jobs throughout the manufacturing process.
Planner will also be required to achieve high level of product delivery commit integrity to each customer while keeping minimal levels of WIP and finished goods inventory.
Key responsibilities – other duties may be assigned:
- Create, release, and maintain material requisitions and jobs to meet customer demand.
- Review material and OSV requirements.
- Submit Material and OSV requisitions.
- Track requisition status.
- Confirm PO creation.
- Create work orders.
- Maintain work order accuracy (EC’s, process changes, reprints, etc.).
- Coordinate with production, engineering, sales, purchasing & shipping/receiving to expedite the flow of work orders.
- React and take immediate actions in case of customer demand changes (push-out or pull-ins).
- Audit and maintain ERP data for accuracy.
- Maintain a high level of data integrity across all aspects of jobs that are being tracked.
- Analyze work center load/capacity and communicate changes in priority to cell leaders.
- Create and release weekly shop floor employee work schedules.
- Review MRP signals.
- Provide monthly/weekly delivery commitments and ensure 100% commit integrity.
- Create finished goods shippers.
- Monitor finished goods inventory, work in progress, and reduce levels to satisfy PCX target metrics.
- Perform inventory transactions.
- Communicate with buyers to adjust raw material purchase orders in case of customer demand changes.
- Validate customer demand.
- Actively participate in cycle count program.
- Achieve high level of customer %OTD performance and minimize overdue/past due orders.
- Work with operations to prioritize workflow to support on-time delivery.
- Coordinate with expeditor to ensure that vendor promise dates are met and will support the production schedule.
- Participate in continuous improvement and cost saving initiatives.
- May be assigned to carry out tasks, not specifically listed, within the scope and skill level of this job description in support of department to develop individual skills.
Skills and qualifications:
- A proactive team player with a background in production planning/scheduling and inventory control.
- Knowledge and experience of MRP/ERP and SCM in a data-driven environment.
- Proficient in MRP (Epicor preferred but not required)
- Must possess excellent reasoning and communication skills.
- This role will require a high level of energy, creating thinking and problem-solving abilities.
- Proficient in MS office (Outlook, Excel, Word, and Access)
- APICS certification (CPIM or CFPIM) a plus.
Education & Experience:
- Minimum 5-8 years production planning experience in Aerospace or similar manufacturing industry.
Duration: Direct Hire
Location: Newington, CT
Salary: Depending on Skills & Experience
Benefits: Full Benefits
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately!
Please include a clean copy of your resume and salary expectations and any references.