Wallingford, United States
5 months ago
Lighthouse Professional Services, a division of Staffing 360 Solutions group of companies, has been providing contract and direct hire talent to client companies, ranging from small businesses to Fortune 500 corporations for over 50 years. Our offices are in New York, Connecticut, and Massachusetts, and we work with clients across the country. Our management and recruiting teams are led by experienced industry professionals. We invest in excellent working partnerships, powered by people.
We are currently seeking a Production Scheduler in Wallingford, CT.
Position Summary and Special Duties:
The Production Scheduler is instrumental in driving efficiencies and increased effectiveness in meeting production goals and objectives to continue our growth and meet customer expectations.
To accomplish this, you will work collaboratively with Engineering, Operations, Quality, Purchasing, and Shipping/Receiving to provide expertise through the careful review of capacity and scheduling of jobs to ensure optimal production levels. To be successful in the role, you will have to quickly learn our products, processes, systems, and customers and have proven experience scheduling production for high mix, medium volume manufacturing.
- Collaboratively work with others, to effectively plan and manage a detailed daily production schedule.
- Proactively identify potential production delays and work with appropriate team to resolve these shortages to ensure on-time delivery.
- Lead a daily schedule review meeting to ensure synchronization to demand plans.
- Primary liaison between Manufacturing and Supply Chain to ensure schedule optimization.
- Maintain appropriate files and information (paper and electronic).
- Direct customer interface on an as needed basis.
- Generate NCMRs for scheduling related non-conforming and expiring materials.
- Participate in ERP advancement and implementation.
- Understand and adhere to ISO and Quality policies.
- Participate in Process Improvement Teams to support continuous improvement activities.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of 5+ years of production scheduling / planning experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Advanced Microsoft skills, particularly MS Excel, Pivot tables and advanced functions.
- Ability to apply LEAN concepts.
- Experience with Planning Bills of Materials in a multi-product family environment a plus.
- Experience working in a GMP Manufacturing Environment a plus.
- The ability to organize, prioritize and work independently with minimal direction is essential.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to multitask is a must.
- Must have excellent relationship building skills, the ability to work cross-functionally with internal departments and possess polished verbal and written communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or Operations Management is a plus.
- Duration: Direct Hire
- Location: Wallingford, CT
- Salary: Depending on Experience
- Benefits: Yes
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately!
Please include a clean copy of your resume and salary expectations and any references.