Enfield, United States
about 1 year ago
Lighthouse Professional Services, a division of Staffing 360 Solutions group of companies, has been providing contract and direct hire talent to client companies, ranging from small businesses to Fortune 500 corporations for over 50 years. Our offices are in New York, Connecticut, and Massachusetts, and we work with clients across the country. Our management and recruiting teams are led by experienced industry professionals. We invest in excellent working partnerships, powered by people.
We are currently seeking a Production Supervisor in Enfield, CT. As a Production Supervisor your day-to-day duties will consist of and may not be limited to:
- Lead and coordinates Pipette Tip production in a highly technical and automated environment.
- Apply knowledge and technical expertise effectively to make resolve problems or technical issues.
- Takes pride in accomplishing task and overcome challenging circumstances.
- Demonstrates knowledge of company mission, priorities and goals of Eppendorf and understands the impact of actions on the business.
- Provide leadership, supervision, and responsibility of up to 15 employees, direct shift, and individuals to maintain consistent effective performance levels.
- Provide timely and objective feedback on job performance.
- Makes sound personnel decisions utilizing an understanding of people/motivation, knowledge of labor law/fair labor practices, and company policies/ practices.
- Coaching or disciplining of staff, writing performance evaluations, conducting interviews and maintain a higher level of ethics.
- Set meaningful yet challenging goals for self and shift.
- Effectively plan and organize work and resources to achieve set goals.
- Anticipate potential problems in production and needs of others. Completes assignments and task on time.
- Use judgement to identify and evaluate problems to make practical and informed decisions regarding personnel or production issues.
- Take calculated risks to improve or operate more efficiently.
- Take corrective action when and where necessary to achieve results and improve quality.
- Provide leadership and motivation to meet or exceed quality, productivity, scrap goals and objectives.
- Establish short-term goals, which will improve and or streamline the operation.
- Ensure that policies and practices are maintained and executed always.
- Willingness to do more than is expected for the shift/organization to be successful.
- Achieve a positive working relationship and positive work environment.
- Create and provide training programs for employees to help them meet production challenges.
- Responsible for ensuring that the Company is compliant with ISO 9001, ISO 13485, and ISO/IEC 17025 standards, if applicable.
- Ensure a clean, safe, and secure working environment.
- Support EEO policy and demonstrates conformance toward achieving Affirmative Action goals.
- High school diploma
- Three to five years’ related experience and/or training equivalent combination of education.
- Associates or bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Maintains ISO certification.
Duration: Direct Hire Permanent
Location: Enfield, CT.
Shift: 1st shift.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately!
Please include a clean copy of your resume and salary expectations and any references.