Dover, United States
over 1 year ago
Job Summary: The production supervisor position is responsible for supervising shop employees in a manufacturing and assembly environment. This position plans and assigns work, implements policies and procedures and recommends improvements in production methods, equipment, operating procedures and working conditions.
Primary responsibilities for this position are as follows:
- Develops and implements production policies and procedures
- Delegates manufacturing tasks so that the team can meet production targets
- Communicates expectations to production workers and appraises their performance
- Educates production team members about preferred occupational health and safety practices
- Checks manufacturing equipment and control points to ensure efficient workflow is maintained
- Addresses production problems as they arise
- Organizes for the repair or replacement of faulty production equipment
- Evaluates new production equipment
- Reports on team performance to production manager
- Makes recommendations about ways to improve employee efficiency and reduce costs
- Trains new production workers to perform their duties
- Coaches, counsels and disciplines production employees
- Implements recommended manufacturing cost reduction strategies
Education and Experience:
- Associate’s degree- 3-5 years of experience in a production environment.
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Leadership, Results Driven, Good Written and Oral Communication Skills
- Problem Solving Abilities, Delegation, Negotiation, Ability to Work and Make Decisions under Pressure, Performance Management
- Time Management Skills, Computer Literacy, People Person, Technical Capacity, Ability to Work as Part of a Team.