Enfield, United States
6 months ago
Lighthouse Professional Services, a division of Staffing 360 Solutions group of companies, has been providing contract and direct hire talent to client companies, ranging from small businesses to Fortune 500 corporations for over 50 years. Our offices are in New York, Connecticut, and Massachusetts, and we work with clients across the country. Our management and recruiting teams are led by experienced industry professionals. We invest in excellent working partnerships, powered by people.
We are currently seeking a Production Support Specialist/Coordinator in Enfield, CT.
Position Summary and Special Duties:
As a (an) Production Support Specialist/Coordinator your day-to-day duties will consist of and may not be limited to:
Qualifications: The candidate should have the ability to support production planning and work with the various systems of data collection and ERP functionality. Strong computer skills and knowledge of ERP are essential. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform and make sound decisions on each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and or ability required. Other duties that fall within the skill requirements of the job may be assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the overall procurement and production planning process of the assigned product group(s), that includes among other tasks:
- Support Production Planning and scheduling, logistics within production
- Use ERP system to verify production quantities and scrap.
- Manage recycling program of scrap product with subcontractor.
- Support Production staff with ordering spare parts, services, and consumables
- Maintaining the Item Master on purchase parts to ensure proper lead times, pricing, and lot sizes.
- Maintaining the Master Production Schedule (Demand Planning)
- Initiate and maintain the Material Requirement Planning (MRP) system to ensure the timely release of material to support and efficient build process.
- Planning of all production processes to meet production dates.
- Generating, releasing, and processing of work orders
- Generating, releasing, and processing of purchase orders domestic and international
- Monitoring inventory stocking levels of purchases and semi-manufactured materials
- Negotiating pricings, terms, and lead times with suppliers
- Processing nonconforming material with supplies
- Processing and maintaining the Routing Operations and Bill of Material (BOM) for all production processes.
- Maintain documentation control of all procurement related forms and practices.
- Analyze supplier performance related to on time delivery, price variances and nonconforming materials.
- Maintain a collaborative relationship with internal and external stakeholders.
- Must have experience with Engineering Change Orders (ECO) and production implementations, including maintaining expiration and effective dates of part revisions and their dispositions.
- Determines and maintains stock levels for manufactured and purchase parts based on historical usage and forecast analysis.
- Determines and maintains optimized production and purchase part lot sizes based on optimal capacity utilization and desired stock levels and ensures accuracy of production leads times for manufactured finished product.
- Must have detailed knowledge of:
- Multi-level Bill of Materials and its function
- Multi-level work orders including outside processing (OSP)
- Advanced software skills in ERP systems required, preferably LN-Infor 5 or higher and/or SAP R/4 or higher
- Must have advanced knowledge of Microsoft platforms (Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Support in inventory management inducing bin location setup, Kanban, Yearly Physical Inventory (PI), cycle counts, warehousing.
- Enforces and complies with all company inventory signature and control policies, procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Observance and compliance to applicable corporate standards in Quality Management System
- Must have the ability to act independently and respond consistently with initiative to resolve issues.
- Must possess knowledge of plastic commodity procurement.
- Must exhibit effective communications skills throughout procurement and directly with supplies and Partner Brands.
Educations and/or Experience: Two year (Associates) technical / engineering college degree or certificate and three to four years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of educations and experience. Proven Production Planning qualifications would be a significant plus. Knowledge of Purchase activities, logistics and freight business functions and impact.
- Duration: Direct Hire
- Location: Enfield, CT
- Salary: Depending on experience
- Benefits: Yes
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately!
Please include a clean copy of your resume and salary expectations and any references.